• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I remember why I do not use deer processors anymore.

How do you even have time to sit there and kill the thing then?

Priorities. The keyword is "sometimes," and although rare it happens. I made the mistake of field dressing the deer I shot last Sunday evening, and it made for a very long day when I had to get up the next morning and make the round trip to Atlanta. I should have thrown the deer in the back of the truck and just made the 5 minute drive to the processor as the extra $20 would have been more than worth it. I needs my beauty sleep... :cool:

Are you hunting the WMA?

yeppers. think im gonna try that little tract just on the other side of the road from the big Macedonia rd tract. come in on the Nichols rd side, it puts me on the other side of the creek from the Macedonia side. I can never seem to see the entrance to the campsite/parking area on the Macedonia side either lol. maybe its just not in the spot the maps have it at, I dunno lol.

also was thinking of just sitting on the field behind the check-in station lol. the one far behind it, not the one right next to it.

im to poor to get on a lease and all my hunting contacts (through my Dad) that had land lost it to the bank when the housing market crashed years back.

yeppers. think im gonna try that little tract just on the other side of the road from the big Macedonia rd tract. come in on the Nichols rd side, it puts me on the other side of the creek from the Macedonia side. I can never seem to see the entrance to the campsite/parking area on the Macedonia side either lol. maybe its just not in the spot the maps have it at, I dunno lol.

also was thinking of just sitting on the field behind the check-in station lol. the one far behind it, not the one right next to it.

im to poor to get on a lease and all my hunting contacts (through my Dad) that had land lost it to the bank when the housing market crashed years back.

Check the regs. The regular season is over til after Xmas.

it should be Buck only till the 25th

You're hunting the Redlands right?

320 C F Q
■REDLANDS WMA
37,500 acres • 706.595.4222 / 770.918.6416

DEER
Archery
Either Sex: Sept. 13-Oct. 10 s
Primitive
Either Sex: Oct. 11-17 s
Firearms
Either Sex: Oct. 18-Nov. 30 s | Dec. 26-Jan. 1 s
TURKEY
Mar. 21-May 15 s

SMALL GAME
F Aug. 15-Feb. 28. Furbearers may not be hunted during firearms deer hunts (see Dogs & Dog Training).

DOVE
Q100 C Adult-Child: Sept. 6
General Hunt: Sept 13, 20; Oct 11-Nov 3; Nov 27-Jan 15
SPECIAL REGS
No hunting on Dyars Pasture MARSH pond.

DIRECTIONS
From Greensboro Take GA HWY 15 north 9 miles; check station on left.

Last edited:
ya, on the WMA. its open all season. I haven't seen any regs anywhere that say otherwise?

I just edited the post above for the Redlands regulations. They took a week away from regular season for more small game hunters. Opens back up Dec 26-Jan1 for deer.

Back
Top Bottom