• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I shot myself. I'm done shooting steel

I was shooting coated reloads or lawman 124 gr loads from a S&W 3913.
Gotcha when i was in the sandbox we would wear full battle rattle when shooting steel. Alot of our shooting was up close and personal and would feel pieces of the bullets hitting is all the time. Kevlar helmets, body armor and googles Kept the pain down

Glad it wasnt worse for you. I went to a police range about 11 years ago. Me and my buddies were walking from the car up to the paviliion when I felt something sting my right shoulder. It was immediately after a guy directly in front of me had begun shooting steel. I was probably 20-30 yds from the plate when it hit. That was my first time seeing steel targets. It was a lesson thats stayed with me.

I haven't had a bad experience with clean flat-faced AR500 steel, but 25 years ago I shot a plate of common construction grade steel with a rifle from 25 yards and had a metal fragment embed itself in my forearm.
I dug it out but found something else hard in there that I thought was another metal fragment.
After tugging on it with tweezers a while, I concluded it was a tendon and was supposed to be there!

Back
Top Bottom