• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I should have been a baby boomer

Damn, Calahan if you were closer I got a 20 ft equipment trailer you could borrow........
Thanks for offering!
Used to rent U-haul all the time. They jacked me up far enough on one occasion I bought my own trailer. Screw 'em.
I'll need to use their trailer again in 2-3 weeks to get my car back. After that, I wont do business with them for anything. I'll go Penske if I need to move. Id use a Penske trailer now but you have to use their truck.

Ive been told several times over the years for various reasons. And now I fully agree. I simply wanted to rent a car hauler trailer from Uhaul. They wanted to know what I would be towing it with and what vehicle type I would be puting on the trailer. I told them and he said that combo wouldnt work. I said how come? He said the computer just says it wont. Sigh. I said so you're telling me if I put cash on the table right now, you wont rent me the trailer? Yep. I said the engine/trans is out of the vehicle being towed. It might weigh 2k lbs at most. My truck is more than heavy enough with more than adequate brakes. He said the trailer doesnt have brakes though. I said IT HAS SURGE BRAKES MAN! I literally parked next to the trailer when I arrived and looked at it. He said oh well Im sorry the computer wont let me rent it.

I get their reasons for having a computer tell the customer whether or not his plans are good or bad. There were a lot of......ignorant people that came before me and laid the groundwork. So the baby boomer thing? I would have fit in like a glove being born in the fifties. Growing up with real bad ass cars (like the one Im trying to restore) and a generation of people who had to think to survive and get ahead. If you did something stupid, you paid the consequences and learned. The doers got a hold of the work and got it done, regardless. Now days, you are told what you know and what you're capable of. And you're just supposed to lay down.

So I came home, got online and reserved a uhaul trailer anyways stating that I would be towing a 1979 Ford Fiesta. Cuz the works gotta get done. Rant over...
I'm not a baby boomer either, but my dad was 49years old when I was born, so I was steeped in the old ways. He used to al say, "Boy if you are gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough". Now as a 47 year old man with 3 daughters, I hate what they are going to have to go through with all the political correctness. God help this generation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not this boomer, when my sons busted their ass and got hurt growing up, they just got hurt and learned real fast not to do that **** again. If I snapped my fingers they snapped to attention, if I started to count, they stopped whatever dumb **** thing they were doing by the time I said Two. If I got to Three, they knew an ass whoopin’ was coming. I raised mine to be smart and self sufficient, and at 36 & 38 years old, I don’t have to worry if they can make it in life. I’m one of the lucky ones I guess, they actually listened to me when I told em’ not to make the same mistakes I made. I’m proud of my sons & I’m a very lucky dad. Not all boomers are bad, some of us raised our kids the same way we were raised and they turned out great.

Ps... Those damn hippies are the ones who ****ed their kids up, not us (formerly) long haired (still) rednecks. Lol!
^^^^ What he said ^^^^

Thanks Uhaul!

IMG_2799.PNG

Back
Top Bottom