• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I shouldn't have done it......It's to late now...

Jimmythedestroyer, you cannot go wrong with a RIA. It is a great platform to build on if you want to, and if not, it is a fine 1911. As an entry level 1911, I really like the RIA. There are some really good deals on used RIA's.

NGIB, nice champion. I do not remember seeing that particular frame color. Did you have that done, or did it come like that?

Jimmythedestroyer, you cannot go wrong with a RIA. It is a great platform to build on if you want to, and if not, it is a fine 1911. As an entry level 1911, I really like the RIA. There are some really good deals on used RIA's.

thanks for the input man prob. going to pic up a 4" model for a thank you dad present to me from me..

NGIB, nice champion. I do not remember seeing that particular frame color. Did you have that done, or did it come like that?

Hes got the PX9149LP. It comes just like that from Springfield. And it is one heck of a hard gun to find. I can only find them for sale on gunbroker.

hey guys thinking of joining this club come tax money time. I was looking at the RIA duo tone in black and stainless. Any input would be welcome about brand as it would be my first 1911 love the springers but don't know about spending the cabbage on the first go around.

Just going to say a RIA was going to be my first 1911, but I worked up a good trade on the Springfield. And it already had some stuff done to it, Trigger, springs, mainspring housing, barrel bushing, sear. The two Wilson Combat Magazines....It already had a lot of upgrades done to it that I was going to do. Nice Galco Tr266 holster....So I went that route instead.

hey guys thinking of joining this club come tax money time. I was looking at the RIA duo tone in black and stainless. Any input would be welcome about brand as it would be my first 1911 love the springers but don't know about spending the cabbage on the first go around.

You might as well jump in. I'm thinking of selling my Stainless PT1911 around tax return time and getting a RIA compact, myself. I've heard nothing but good things about them. My first 1911 was a mill-spec RIA I bought for $300. I traded it for a Mini-14, but I had already drank the Kool-ade and had to have another 1911. Had at least one since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom