• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I think I'm finally going to lose 20 or 30 lbs

Intermittent fasting. Easy Peasy.

I do not eat or drink anything other than water, black coffee, or unsweet tea between 11 PM and 4:30 PM 6 days a week.

One day cheat.

Got me down to 230, easy to stay there. No extra exercise or anything. I am back in the gym some to assist my knees and shoulders in range of motion.

My only caution with self-designed weight loss regimens is to make sure you have your blood tested for at least the Basic Metabolic Panel which checks 8 or so basic elements/electrolytes in your system. I lost 40 pounds on a self-designed diet that basically stripped all the sodium out of my blood and nearly killed me. It was so low when they took me to the hospital they were thinking I was gonna die.

My only caution with self-designed weight loss regimens is to make sure you have your blood tested for at least the Basic Metabolic Panel which checks 8 or so basic elements/electrolytes in your system. I lost 40 pounds on a self-designed diet that basically stripped all the sodium out of my blood and nearly killed me. It was so low when they took me to the hospital they were thinking I was gonna die.
:shocked: Damn, ya gotta watch that stuff. Dangerous fo’ sure

My one issue when I'm on point with low carb/starch is I have to remind myself to use salt and eat pickles. When I first lost weight my doc told me I was sodium deficient, not dangerously so, but low levels. Otherwise okay.

I always go to this scene in my mind when someone mentions "going for a walk in the woods."
Nonliberal Nonliberal
I'm pretty sure that was right after he called her chubby... just saying... :)

The wife and I switched to drinking only water back in our late 40's early 50's maybe, both dropped and kept off 20-30 lbs. each.
We eat pretty much what we want every day (in moderation) and we don't eat dinner or supper, big lunches and NOTHING (light snack) after 6:00 pm.
Your body will get used to not eating at night, pretty quick. Tough to do when you still have kids at home to feed, though. :hungry:

imgres
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom