• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I thought deer were supposed to be afraid of people

They can be super curious as well and unless they have had interaction with people it may not see any reason to think of you as a threat.

one story similar to this i always tell folks on how NOT timid they can be. Me and a large group of friends were at a neighborhood pool for a birthday party. We prob left at about 11pm to walk back to the house and everyone was pretty drunk and making a TON of noise. on the way back all the sudden we notice a deer come out of yard and is walking right towards this large loud ass group of people. Well we just started trying to call it over and sure as **** it walked right up to us and the whole group started petting it, it then walked with us about a mile back towards the house before it finally got bored and broke off the trail towards something else but the whole time it was nuzzling everybody and being as friendly as any dog you've ever met. Was weird as hell and i will never forget about that deer. This was all in peachtree city

It depends on the conditioning. My kids have petted deer in a rather large, park like enclosed setting, and there are more than a few stories floating around about rescued fawns hanging around like puppies

We have deer here on my Mountain all the time..I used to have a feeder down by the trout tanks but, to many damn bears were coming in..Deer a curious animals and left alone have there built in radar..When people feed them and dogs attach them, things can get bad..Deer have two built in natural alarms..Any threats to their fawns, and a big time triggered rut response..Yellow river found that during the rut, they sawed the racks off the bucks..It was a safety measure for those that came to the park..

so, I'm no expert but it was my understanding that deer, as wildlife, would generally not want to be near or interact with humans. well, wtf is going on in dekalb county?

I've seen them before in my backyard (inside the city of Atlanta, literally the hood by a lot of folks definitions) and a few times they have gotten as close to me in the backyard as maybe 15 to 20 yards.

well today I'm out at constitutions lakes to walk the dolls head trail and as I am I stumble across a rather large deer not but 10 feet from the trail. I am surprised, and it notices me I guess and runs about 5 to 10 feet away and then it stops. I kinda keep following the path slowly but watching the deer as its watching me. I kick the gravel with my foot to make noise and try and scare it off. it doesn't budge.

at this point I'm like WTF, because its strange and also I am a city guy so I'm not use to seeing deer up close but it was pretty ****in big and I know that on occasion they can turn territorial and maybe open up some whoop ass. so considering this I decide to yell at it and move my arms up. it ducks its head a bit and take a step to me like its sizing me up. so **** that, all I have is a .25 and I dont want to be on the news as that guy who got his ass kicked by a deer so I started slowly making my way along the trail as this prick of a deer mean mugs me.

so I do my walk, and I backtrack part of the trail and 20 minutes have passed and i come back to the spot where I first encountered the deer and wouldnt you know it that thing is still there. it basically repeats what it did earlier, going 10 to 15 feet from the trail then stopping and staring at me. I just kept on that time

its weird, never seen them do that before. and I know that as a nice Sunday there were **** loads of people probably walking the trail too. y'all need to come to the city and hunt some of these things
Maybe you were the first white thang it's seen in awhile and was confused. Just saying

I see 8-10 Deers every night on my front lawn when I walk my dog at 11,pm. They just look at me and keep doing what they do, there is NO HUNTING in the subdivision I live in, we have had Bow Hunters walk through the subdivision after getting lost, and every time the cops were waiting at the subdivision entrance. One time 3 hunters knocked on my door, they were from my Sons High school wrestling team, I let them in since my son was saying those are my friends. Cops, knocked on my door asked me if I were ok, I told them who the Hunters were, no problem. The kids called there parent's and were picked up.

so, I'm no expert but it was my understanding that deer, as wildlife, would generally not want to be near or interact with humans. well, wtf is going on in dekalb county?

I've seen them before in my backyard (inside the city of Atlanta, literally the hood by a lot of folks definitions) and a few times they have gotten as close to me in the backyard as maybe 15 to 20 yards.

well today I'm out at constitutions lakes to walk the dolls head trail and as I am I stumble across a rather large deer not but 10 feet from the trail. I am surprised, and it notices me I guess and runs about 5 to 10 feet away and then it stops. I kinda keep following the path slowly but watching the deer as its watching me. I kick the gravel with my foot to make noise and try and scare it off. it doesn't budge.

at this point I'm like WTF, because its strange and also I am a city guy so I'm not use to seeing deer up close but it was pretty ****in big and I know that on occasion they can turn territorial and maybe open up some whoop ass. so considering this I decide to yell at it and move my arms up. it ducks its head a bit and take a step to me like its sizing me up. so **** that, all I have is a .25 and I dont want to be on the news as that guy who got his ass kicked by a deer so I started slowly making my way along the trail as this prick of a deer mean mugs me.

so I do my walk, and I backtrack part of the trail and 20 minutes have passed and i come back to the spot where I first encountered the deer and wouldnt you know it that thing is still there. it basically repeats what it did earlier, going 10 to 15 feet from the trail then stopping and staring at me. I just kept on that time

its weird, never seen them do that before. and I know that as a nice Sunday there were **** loads of people probably walking the trail too. y'all need to come to the city and hunt some of these things
IMG_2143.PNG

Back
Top Bottom