• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I took a chance

MrJim

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
19   0
Reaction score
In September of 16 I bought Smith & Wesson stock expecting hillary to win and making me some money. Well Trump won and I lost big time. Stock tumbled from $26+ a share to like $6 a share. Now it back to $24+. My wife kept telling me it was a small price to pay for Hillary not being president. I thought she was right. Now if it can only keep going up and make me some money.

giphy (1).gif

In September of 16 I bought Smith & Wesson stock expecting hillary to win and making me some money. Well Trump won and I lost big time. Stock tumbled from $26+ a share to like $6 a share. Now it back to $24+. My wife kept telling me it was a small price to pay for Hillary not being president. I thought she was right. Now if it can only keep going up and make me some money.

Should have been buying more to average down you could already have turned a profit

Did they pay any dividends?
You know I never really paid attention. That account I usually just look at the overall value on the statement and pitch it. It is part of a old 401k. I know I should do better watching my accounts but really only go through my statements that are not tied to 401k or IRA. Those I just look at the value.

The only gun company I own right now is Ruger. They perform well on an annual basis, and they have zero debt. When they hit a home run it shows up in the dividend, and when panics happen they are an easy stock for people to buy into.

I just wish I'd realized how good a company they were when the stock was $5 a share, rather than when it was $20.

I bought into S&W a few months back at around $15/share and have been happy so far with the results. I'm hoping for their to be a little more runway over the next few months but we'll see. One gun related stock I have been surprised to see flatten out is the Olin Corp (OLN) who make Winchester ammo among other things. Hopefully that one will get going to better days ahead.

I bought into S&W a few months back at around $15/share and have been happy so far with the results. I'm hoping for their to be a little more runway over the next few months but we'll see. One gun related stock I have been surprised to see flatten out is the Olin Corp (OLN) who make Winchester ammo among other things. Hopefully that one will get going to better days ahead.
You should be pleased. Closed at $25 today. At one point this week it was $27

Back
Top Bottom