• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I traded for this last week, and it's just not my thing.

i do this alot because i generally want to try something anytime something new comes out, so i'll trade or buy it and alot of the time it just doesnt fit the bill and so i trade it off. the ones i like are the ones that end up staying in the safe

I've done this a couple times.

The whole point of trading for me is to try something different I might not otherwise be able to aquire to see if I like it or not. When guns sit in the safe too long where I'm cleaning and luring them on occasion just for upkeep and not because I'm shooting them they go away. Sometimes you just see something that makes you go, "that could be fun" shoot it a couple times and just decide you don't like it as much as you thought you would

I try to buy used when I try something but bought a brand new 9mm ruger Blackhawk last year because I couldn't find a new one and took a little better than $100 hit on it because I didn't like it. Used guns you can generally at least come close to even

bought a gun on impulse once and regretted it hours after, But the deal was made so i went through with it. Now that pistol is my edc frequently due to its accuracy and trigger

sometimes impulse buys work for you and sometimes they do not

How do you do that?

Ad has a statement to the effect,

"I traded for this revolver/1911/Gluck last week, and it's just not my thing."

What's the process for self discovery that leads to this conclusion?

I thought the whole purpose of a trade was to take something you didn't particularly need/want, and exchange it for something else that you needed/wanted more.

It happens, I traded for a AK-Pistol after firing it, I decided it sucked SOLD it that day to my buddy it was NOT my thing!!!

Back
Top Bottom