• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I traded for this last week, and it's just not my thing.

I have traded into lots of stuff I thought I would like and then I didn't...After so much of this I have found out what I really do and do not like. Some things I have had for over 25 years, and I already know I like and need those items, so they were never considered for the chopping block. I've made some trades I regretted, but mostly I just move along and forget about it. The ones I trade out of the fastest seem to be the more collectible, safe queen types. I'm an accumulator, not really a collector, so if I'm not going to use it, bye. And lastly, almost everything I have is something I would sell or trade for the right deal, even if I like it. I can always come back.

Just because you wanted it more than what you traded for it doesn't mean it's a good fit once you have it.

I once traded for a Kriss Vector and absolutely hated the thing. Got rid of it as soon as I could.

This

I've done this a couple times.

The whole point of trading for me is to try something different I might not otherwise be able to aquire to see if I like it or not. When guns sit in the safe too long where I'm cleaning and luring them on occasion just for upkeep and not because I'm shooting them they go away. Sometimes you just see something that makes you go, "that could be fun" shoot it a couple times and just decide you don't like it as much as you thought you would

I try to buy used when I try something but bought a brand new 9mm ruger Blackhawk last year because I couldn't find a new one and took a little better than $100 hit on it because I didn't like it. Used guns you can generally at least come close to even

And this.

I traded into a Colt King Cobra and LOVED the way it looked and felt. But I HATE the cylinder release so I got rid of it shortly after I got it. No regrets, live and learn.

If it comes down to me having to trade up, to your Glyuck... damn right I traded into it, and it's just not my thing... but I know it was a good trade for me, especially since I can get $2K in $2bills here for it!!!

I've done this... traded for a sig 229... shot it... liked it but went back to the Glock. Traded for a a HK P30- really cool gun- shot it - carried it- but I traded it and went back to the Glock.

That's the best part of ODT. You can try and experiment with things and if it doesn't fit...just trade out of it again.

i do this alot because i generally want to try something anytime something new comes out, so i'll trade or buy it and alot of the time it just doesnt fit the bill and so i trade it off. the ones i like are the ones that end up staying in the safe
^^^^^^This. Except now I am getting pickier about what I want. So when I get something there is 98% probability I will keep it.

Back
Top Bottom