• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want 5.56 rifle- a salted style

I have no ar-15s or any 5.56 caliber

I love my ak47s. but I think I need one 5.56 style and since its once gonna be 1 I figure I get a nice one. I had an fn m16 when I was in the army, that thing was nice
Well, you could always get an AK chambered in 5.56...although AK purists might stop talking to you.

Well, you could always get an AK chambered in 5.56...although AK purists might stop talking to you.
slap-slapping-star-trek-Qvwc79OfQOa4g

cz-bren is very interesting and has gotten great reviews. haven’t even shot one but i would purchase it if i had the funds.

fn-15 is going to be a pretty vanilla AR. if that’s what you’re looking for...i would go with a different brand (colt or bcm) for the money but the fn should be decent.

the sig 516 is just meh. not sure what the benefits are here with a short stroke piston AR. most of what sig has put out over the last four years has been pretty spotty (drop fired 320, sig 556r abortion, mcx recall).

the tavor is a wonderful rifle if you don’t mind the bullpup configuration. takes some time to get familiar, but i really like it.

the aug i owned was a good shooter and i miss it from time to time. like the tavor, it’s different and may take some practice before it feels comfortable. an article on another popular forum (where a high-volume range owner in las vegas comments on different weapons systems reliability and longevity) states that the aug - along with the scar and several others - is one of the most reliable and well-engineered products on the line. i sold mine because i didn’t like the pistol grip or the fore grip. also the nato stock(uses ar mags) didn’t have a bolt hold open release like the standard version does and i didn’t want to have to buy all the aug specific mags for that variant. also probably one of the worst suppressor hosts if you are in the nfa game.

one last thing before i post this - the aug and tavor have probably two of the worst out-of-the-box triggers i have ever pulled. the tavor’s can be fixed easily with an expensive aftermarket trigger pack but the aug make take some more work. i think there is a fairly easy fix but i ended up selling mine before i full researched it. also my tavor is an sar variant but i’ve heard the x95 variant is improved.

I have no ar-15s or any 5.56 caliber

I love my ak47s. but I think I need one 5.56 style and since its once gonna be 1 I figure I get a nice one. I had an fn m16 when I was in the army, that thing was nice
Well how bout that Yugo PAP pistol thing in 5.56 that's adapted to use AR mags? To me 5.56 is just kinda meh... But if you want something chambered in it that seems like the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom