• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want 5.56 rifle- a salted style

44502-A Salt Rifle.jpg

If you are going to have one rifle in 556 it’s tough to beat a 6920. Save hundreds or put an Aimpoint on it. I have several pricey 556s. If I could only have one it would be a 6920 - which I do not have.

Bren or tavor outta that list. You can also pick up a sig556 (it's a specific model, not the ar copy) for a really good price as of late.

hmm money is a consideration but not a huge deal; trying to find out which of these y'all would go with and why. any input considering the following?

-cz bren
-styer aug a3
-FN fn15 ar style
-sig 516 patrol
-tavor

The Sig is a nice gun but I would opt for the 18 inch model. It is a designated marksman rifle. Highly accurate. I mean dead nuts on accurate. The one draw back on the Sigs are most of their parts are propitiatory to that particular rifle. Meaning you are pretty much stuck with what you get. I believe the Stock and grip can be changed but everything else is staying put. Not a bad thing on that rifle because it's built right. I am not sure of the modular design of the other weapons but I would say probably not much in the way of changing things around except for the FN AR rifle. You might have a little more leeway on swapping parts on that one but don't quote me on that. I just know that the Sig Patrol and the Sig DMR are pretty much what you will be stuck with.

All I could squeeze out of the Sig 516 was 1.5 MOA with expensive ammo. That's why I recommend the longer barrel brother. It's known in the Sig circle for it's accuracy right out of the box. Sub MOA and I don't just under 1 MOA. It's gets a little deeper than that. A fine rifle to add to any collection.

If you are going to have one rifle in 556 it’s tough to beat a 6920. Save hundreds or put an Aimpoint on it. I have several pricey 556s. If I could only have one it would be a 6920 - which I do not have.

Agree I love my Colt 6920. It is MILSPEC and everything you want an AR to be.

I had a Sig 556 in 5.56 and it functioned very well but I had 4 other AR15s so I sold it and got a Sig556r in 7.62x39 since I didn't like the WASR 10 I had briefly.

Back
Top Bottom