• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want a 6.5 Creedmoor

SAVAGE'S Model 12, is a beast and is a very good shooter, can order a 10 round mag for it also.
Gun itself weights in at about 11.25 pounds add scope, pic rail, rings, your at about 14 - 14.5 pounds.
However man can it shoot its the mac daddy of their 6.5 line up...

just simply something to consider...

What about buying a used rifle with the kind of stock and action you like (Rem 700, Ruger 77, Win. 70, etc.) and having a new E.R. Shaw, Douglas, Shilen, Hart, or other aftermarket barrel put on it? Those barrel companies could thread the muzzle, too.

Yeah, you might spend $400 or $500 on rebarreling a used rifle. But, you'll get it in the cartridge you want, the right length, the right barrel profile and contour, etc.

I've felt some Remington 700 "deer rifles" and "varmint rifles" at pawn shops that had excellent trigger pulls, and the rifles were selling for $400-$500. So take off that .270 Win or .30-06 barrel and go custom.

I've never used a Tikka, but I like Savage rifles. Even the cheap "Axis" is accurate.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11LONGRANGEHUNTER
The Savage 11/111 "Long Range Hunter" looks promising.
It comes with a factory screw-on muzzle brake. Savage says the threads for their Model 10 are 5/8" x 24. So I'd assume that's the same as what the Long Range Hunter uses, and that's the same as your Omega silencer will have, right?

P.S. unless you really just WANT a 6.5 Creed for the novelty of it, "just because" you want to own a rifle in that caliber, consider the 7mm-08 for a non-magnum, mild-recoil, long range hunting round.
It uses about the same weight bullets as the 6.5 Creedmoor and flings them at the animal at the same velocity, and the only real difference is the extra half a millimeter of width, which cuts down its ballistic coefficient at the very longest ranges. But out to 500 or 600 yards, they're neck and neck.
Are you really going to HUNT deer and other game animals from farther than that?

can't remember where i read it but think it was 300-500 yards there isn't a gain 308 vs 6.5. over that the 6.5 shoots leveler. Dunno something like that. Since I'll probably never shoot 400 yards, I'd rather have a nice 308. Ammo is easy to get.

Ammo is not hard to get for a 6.5 CM unless you are relegated to shopping at Walmart. As far as 7mm-08 is concerned the larger round carries lower sectional density making the 6.5 a superior hunting round, IMO.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom