• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want another "Comfortable Car". Ideas?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
One of the last cars I've owned was an 03 Impala . It was beat up on the outside but it was a comfortable ride on the inside. Maybe I'm getting old and turning into my grandfather but I've reached a point where I like a car with a big split bench seat and no damn center console. Right now our daily driver is a 2010 Kia Soul which is my wife's car. I grew to hate that damn car fairly quickly. It's just not good for anything except getting to work and back.
Had an 01 Windstar and really liked having a mini van. But still it wasn't what I'd call a comfortable ride. We had an old 96 Taurus wagon about 10 years ago. Me and the wife really loved it. But you know ...it was a Taurus so eventually the transmission gave up. Around the same time I owned 2 88 K Cars. One 5 speed coupe ( very hard to find car) and one Kenmore white sedan. It wasn't that big but the interior was laid out like a full size car with the column shift and 60/40 split bench seat.
Probably gonna be 5 or 6 months before I can buy one but I'm looking at lots of different things . Really want another wagon. Probably the only sedan I would want would be a P71 Crown Vic. Not a big GM fan but I dig the older model Olds wagons. Not too old. I'm talking about the front drive stuff from the 80s and early 90s. I dig Volvo wagons too but then I get the center console back and later Volvo stuff can be sketchy on reliability .

So I'm I overlooking something ? Any input here is appreciated .

crown vic.jpeg
any of those big 4 door boats cruise well.Crown Vic for the win,room to live in

Lincoln Town car. Most spacious, comfortable ride I’ve ever had. Ride like a boat on calm waters.
Yeah they're comfortable enough. But I don't want to deal with air bag rear suspension. Not to mention old raggedy leather seats.
Don't get me wrong I love old Lincoln's and Caddies. But I kinda need a wagon.

Back
Top Bottom