• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Want To Change My Address

jeffk14

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
21   0
Reaction score
O.K., so I'm living in a bit of "limbo" right now. I currently own a house in the greater metro area which is for sale and I want to change my address to elsewhere, since I'm not staying at my current house much at all. I "stay" around several places of late and don't really have a real "permanent residence" per se.

I also own some acreage outside the metro that has a 1,500 sq ft workshop on it with permanent power to it. It also has an assigned mailing address.

What's to keep me from changing my address to this rural location, even though there's no house on it yet? There are several advantages to doing this, including lower auto insurance premiums and no emissions test to bother with. Thoughts?

Do not see why you can't.

You will need your dr license address changed, and they may want to see mail sent to you at the new address as proof , part of the "real ID" change.

I did exactly what you are proposing, but it was more than 10 years ago.

As a former USPS employee I can tell you that as long as you have an address assigned to this property by the USPS then all you need is a mailbox at the street and turn in a change of address to your current Post Office if you want your mail forwarded.
Thanks. That's what I plan to do. I'll have my power bill for that property mailed to that address, then show that at the driver's license office to change my license, then it should be official., Am I missing something?

I'd like to do something similar, but I'd lose my homestead exemption. And since I'm a senior I don't have to pay school taxes which is the bulk of the taxes.

Thanks. That's what I plan to do. I'll have my power bill for that property mailed to that address, then show that at the driver's license office to change my license, then it should be official., Am I missing something?

If you have a GWL you would need to have the address changed on it also.

Back
Top Bottom