• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want to do this….

I like the idea. I've dropped outrageous tips on servers before and had them burst into tears. You never know what somebody might be dealing with, not enough to make rent, death of a parent, etc., a little extra money can make huge difference that week/month.

A friend of mine recently did similar. Went to a small restaurant and there was only one server. Friend made a post on social media and explained the situation and that she wanted to bless this hard working young lady. Friend gave her venmo and asked others if they would like to give. By the time she completed her meal she had raised over $1000 for this young lady. Come to find out she was a single mom with small kids. The past few days the other servers had called in and she was working through the holidays to make ends meet. Kid could not believe anyone would do that especially for her.

I’m in if you set it up
1641558106325.png

There are two way to look at this. One they did it and want to feel good about it and are looking for the praise of others. The other is they did it and want to encourage others to do the same. Either way I promise the server is grateful.
Way back when I waited tables (more a lark than a "need to" but the money was good) I wouldn't have cared a whit why you did it! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom