• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want to start reloading 357 what do I need?

I guess since I have only ever reloaded 308 I'm kind of nervous. I am not afraid to learn but I'm already missing a finger lol

You can only lose that one once. :p

It's easier to load straight wall cases. Both .357 and .44 are peaches to reload for. You can load a 1000 rounds of lead cast SWC .44 magnum 240 grain at 1,500 FPS for around $160.00. Damn accurate loadings in that cartridge.

I don't really count brass cost as nearly all mine I bought factory loaded and shot or picked up off the ground. However, even buying your brass the first loading would set you back around $336 and then every reload afterwards would be around $160. For .357 it would be less so.

The major difference to be aware of; with heavy recoiling revolvers if your crimp is weak, the rounds will grow. A nice roll crimp helps prevent this. Just enough to prevent that last round from growing. If you hose it up your gun will lock the cylinder up and you have to open the cylinder, otherwise no drama or loss of body parts.

Last edited:
I was nervous when I started. Still am. Makes me run a tight ship. Just shot my first rifle reloads today. I enjoy the process if making the rounds and how meticulous it is.

I will say, since I started a year ago, I shot as much last year as I had the past 3.

Back
Top Bottom