• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want to start reloading 357 what do I need?

I got the hammer style. The rounds I was playing with before I got my calipers came out easy. After setting the die properly they are alot harder to get out lol. So I assume my roll crimp is set just right. No marking or tearing up the jacket just a good firm crimp

I'm headed down the same path. I use the classic turret press and the "safety primer" system is definitely the weak spot in the operation. Too many primers hitting the floor. Slows me down. Will probably pick up the RCBS hand primer.

I have given up on priming on the press. Hand priming is not that much slower and a lot less aggravating. Plus it strengthens my girly paper pusher hands.

I'm headed down the same path. I use the classic turret press and the "safety primer" system is definitely the weak spot in the operation. Too many primers hitting the floor. Slows me down. Will probably pick up the RCBS hand primer.

I have given up on priming on the press. Hand priming is not that much slower and a lot less aggravating. Plus it strengthens my girly paper pusher hands.
i picked one up at a walmart for $32. its an RCBS. its easy and smooth almost no effort required and the primer is actually seated all the way. with the lee i had sideways primers no primer it was just a pain in the ass. i also had some that would not seat all the way i assume that is not the fault of the press but the case

i picked one up at a walmart for $32. its an RCBS. its easy and smooth almost no effort required and the primer is actually seated all the way. with the lee i had sideways primers no primer it was just a pain in the ass. i also had some that would not seat all the way i assume that is not the fault of the press but the case. i also ordered the $26 lee single stage and a universal decap die. it will make things so much smoother. still cheaper doing it that way than going the RCBS press route.

i picked one up at a walmart for $32. its an RCBS. its easy and smooth almost no effort required and the primer is actually seated all the way. with the lee i had sideways primers no primer it was just a pain in the ass. i also had some that would not seat all the way i assume that is not the fault of the press but the case. i also ordered the $26 lee single stage and a universal decap die. it will make things so much smoother. still cheaper doing it that way than going the RCBS press route.

I'll have to check that RCBS unit out. Using the Lee now, and 90% of the time there is little effort. But when I get one with a tight pocket - sheesh.

So I got my lee universal decapping die and $26 single stage lee press. Makes reloading a lot smoother. I don't get all the junk from decapping all over the carrier plate on my press. Add on hand priming and using the lee pro 1000 is not a headache lol.

Don't you still have to use your shell holders for each caliber? And where do the old primers fall? Is the single stage hollow through too?

Don't you still have to use your shell holders for each caliber? And where do the old primers fall? Is the single stage hollow through too?

Yes to the shell holder question. As for the primers the center is hollow and the primers go through the center and kick out and land inside the base of the press. I just drilled out a big hole in the bench and made a catch tray for the spent primers.

Back
Top Bottom