• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was part of an ODT auction yesterday

I met with a feller who insisted on texting, & he wanted to pay me with $5 in rolled nickels. I kindly asked him to change it out at the coffee shop next door. And decided PMs only after that.

That's seemingly how this worked. When someone only wants to deal over texts, you know it's sketchy. I can only guess the seller was trying to play buyers against one another, which is something you wouldn't want recorded in PMs.

Seller - "Hey, Buyer A can meet in 3 seconds and will pay $100 more than asking and throw in three goats".

Me - "Ok, enjoy the goats"
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE THAN ON ODT,SELLING A GLOCK FOR 500 LOOKING FOR 700

To me it measures the integrity of the individual. I had a deal about a year after I joined, was selling a Super Bait tank II for 500.00. I marked it down to 400 and got a pm saying they would take it..I met him and he gave me 500.00, I gave him 100 back..He looked bewildered, I explained that I had marked it down..He was a happy camper. I can sleep at night.

I reduced the price of my bike by a couple hundred after a guy had sent a pm that he was interested. Went back to confirm the details and handed him the money back. He was shocked.

there is one guy in particular that will only text and nothing is done about it,Buyer Beware.

I don't understand this. I'm flexible but lately I've run into a couple of sellers that absolutely refuse to PM. Too busy or something. So I'm screwed if I don't PM but the seller can refuse to play the game entirely?

I just move on but it's certainly is aggravating.

When the ad says "OBO", some folks think that means one thing, while others think it means something else. Real-estate around here is experiencing the same thing.

I might be wrong, probably am, but I put OBO on my sales meaning that I am open to lower offers then the price I have listed.:noidea:

Back
Top Bottom