• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was part of an ODT auction yesterday

I really don't see a problem here, the seller can sell to whomever they want. I have had this happen to me, I likely won't deal with the seller again due to the waist of time but beyond that I don't hold a grudge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its just kinda annoying

Would rather know who i was dealing with and the type of person they are before i drove to meet them and found out in person, just put them on your ignore and move on, i have been lucky so far but use the trader rating as the gospel. I do not deal with newbies , not because they are bad people but they are not established and i only want to deal with people that have a proven track record and are true to there word. Remember this is not a piece of candy we are buying or trading for. A good history goes a long way or at least with me it does.

I actually thought about asking the Mods if cld do sort of auction on here lol...list a few cheaper handguns I have with full disclosure of course that highest offer for entire lot (with reasonable reserve announced) whether PM or public post wins the loot. Highest bid and winner wld be posted on the ad. Not possible ODT?

I am not sure why any one bothers to list a price with obo after it like someone would pay the asking price when you just said you would take less. Just list it for what you want for it. If it does not sell lower the price.

To me it measures the integrity of the individual. I had a deal about a year after I joined, was selling a Super Bait tank II for 500.00. I marked it down to 400 and got a pm saying they would take it..I met him and he gave me 500.00, I gave him 100 back..He looked bewildered, I explained that I had marked it down..He was a happy camper. I can sleep at night.
...That's "OLD SCHOOL" baby!!.....Integrity at its finest......a lot of these young pups now adays have no idea what that is. It's the me, me, me!! Generations taking hold!! Dinky!!...Love you brother!!

I actually thought about asking the Mods if cld do sort of auction on here lol...list a few cheaper handguns I have with full disclosure of course that highest offer for entire lot (with reasonable reserve announced) whether PM or public post wins the loot. Highest bid and winner wld be posted on the ad. Not possible ODT?

nope that would indeed be against the rules. only auctions that are "allowed" are those for charity purposes

Back
Top Bottom