• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was stopped at a road block last night.

I keep forgetting that it's a waste time arguing with the usual retarded cadre of people who think it's smart as well as constitutional to be stupid. You'd think I'd learn but I have this problem thinking that common sense is a universal trait when clearly it is not. Fortunately I only need to be remided by pervasive stupidity about once a month. Thanks...I'm good for now. See ya next month.

When will you guys ever learn...that pig violated your 4th amendment rights by shining his light in your car!!!1!!!eleven!!!1!! Did he have a warrant!?!!?!?!!!???!7? Had you been mirandized and submitted to search!11!!!!?/?? I ain't tellin' the po-lice nuthhin'! I tellya what I'da did. Show me a warrant and talk to my lawyer. Slaves submit to rules. Free men makes choices.

:behindsofa:

I guess it is all about choices. I chose to be forthcoming and cooperative. I suspect that deputy will remember me next time he is working a road block that I attend and things will go equally well.

I am fairly well known around my county's government (expecially after the EMA ordinance stuff that went on here) and, if I were arrested for being a jerk during a road block, it would make the local paper. I learned many years ago that you will make more headway with a good, cooperative attitude than anything else. My goal last night was to get home, 1 mile away, prop my feet up in my chair and take it easy for a few minutes.

That worked for me.

Ok.....Glad things worked out for you....just to clear up any misunderstandings......

1. The State of Georgia does not issue a CCW.......it is a GWL...Georgia Weapons License.....this is an open and/or conceal carry state...BOTH actions require a valid GWL.
2. If you are legally allowed to own a firearm....then NO...GWL is required if your weapon is in your vehicle. Your weapon can be loaded and concealed in your vehicle. Your vehicle is considered an extension of your home/primary residence.
3. Georgia is a "non declare" state. Which basically means that you do NOT have to legally notify anyone including a LEO that you are either armed or that you have a weapon in your vehicle. This is a personal choice for many people. Some people feel that an officer might feel more comfortable knowing. Some do...some do not. It's your own personal choice.
4. If you are armed or have your weapon in your vehicle and you are stopped, you do NOT have to show your GWL with your DL. Again, your choice.
5. Most LEO encounter's require simple common sense, courtesy, and always respect of authority. The "cops" are not out there trying to get you, the good guy, they are trying to get the "bad" guys, and make it safer for all of us.

i dont mention it if im carrying. im not going to use it and or bring it out, and since i havent done anything wrong they neednt worry about it

if im asked i wont lie

I keep forgetting that it's a waste time arguing with the usual retarded cadre of people who think it's smart as well as constitutional to be stupid. You'd think I'd learn but I have this problem thinking that common sense is a universal trait when clearly it is not. Fortunately I only need to be remided by pervasive stupidity about once a month. Thanks...I'm good for now. See ya next month.

Can you clarify at whom this comment is being made towards? There have been several people that said nothing about not cooperating but simply not informing an Officer of a firearm present IF the firearm was not going to become part of the discussion. Since GA doesn't require one to inform, and a person cooperates with any other legal aspect of a traffic stop, I'm not sure how this isn't common sense and far from pervasive stupidity.

Just the general attitude that cooperating when it costs nothing to copperate somehow makes you weak or cowardly. As I said, unless I need to get out of the car(in which case the gun holstered at my sidde now becomes VERY likely to become part of the conversation) I feel no need to mention it. I would have my permit close at hand any way but not make an issue of the guns presence unless it becomes likely to become visible or obvious. Getting an attitude over simple decency and courtesy just makes no sense to me. I will automatically assume that cops are doing their job the best they can with every attempt to be honest until the particular cop I am facing proves otherwise. Some people, on the other hand act like they are gearing up for a fight with the forces of tyranny and evil every time they see a cop car.

Ok.....Glad things worked out for you....just to clear up any misunderstandings......

1. The State of Georgia does not issue a CCW.......it is a GWL...Georgia Weapons License.....this is an open and/or conceal carry state...BOTH actions require a valid GWL.

Hate to be a stickler, but mine says GFL- Georgia Firearms License............:pop2:

Back
Top Bottom