• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was stopped at a road block last night.

Hate to be a stickler, but mine says GFL- Georgia Firearms License............:pop2:

You do not have a new one. You have one of the older versions before the new style, and name, was released into law. The new license looks more like an actual drivers license instead of something a small child made.

Knowing the proper term for what they are called is the first step in showing that you have actually taken the time to educate yourself in the laws of carrying a firearm.

Sorry....most that follow the law changes, especially SB308 knows that the format and the name changed from a GFL..Georgia Firearms License which was paper to the new GWL Georgia Weapons License....which is now plastic with your picture on it.

Made a trade last week with a gent who has the new one. NIIIICE! Can't wait to shell out 50 bucks or so for my new one...er, wait... lol.

Mine never expires so I guess I will be stuck with the old one............

TOP THIS!

IMG_1665.jpg

I have had some gunshops write the correct date and some put this date on the form and nothing has happened..............yet. I will however, go back and get mine renewed on 02-04-16 just to be on the safe side. It has made for a few laughs to say the least.

Sorry....most that follow the law changes, especially SB308 knows that the format and the name changed from a GFL..Georgia Firearms License which was paper to the new GWL Georgia Weapons License....which is now plastic with your picture on it.

I stand corrected on the new GFL's. However, mine from Dekalb County doesn't expire until late 2016. Dekalb is THE WORST county in GA to deal with in attaining a license. I DO understand and know my rights and I'm a Georgia Carry member. I'm familiar with SB308. Now what's new and noteworthy as of November 2011 regarding SB308? The Dekalb License is also different from any I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine never expires so I guess I will be stuck with the old one............

TOP THIS!

View attachment 128463

That's awesome!!

You do not have a new one. You have one of the older versions before the new style, and name, was released into law. The new license looks more like an actual drivers license instead of something a small child made. Knowing the proper term for what they are called is the first step in showing that you have actually taken the time to educate yourself in the laws of carrying a firearm.
True. The fact of the matter is he and I both have GFLs, not GWLs. When we renew, that will change.

Back
Top Bottom