• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was stopped at a road block last night.

Ghost and mdog, ill happily inform an officer, it shows respect for their safety. However, I will no longer consent to road side searches. I've been handcuffed and sat on a police cruiser while friends went by, I've had cars torn apart etc, and never did or had anything that would make them escalate it to that point. From now on, no officer will enter my vehicle without a warrant.

I wouldn't argue for accenting to asearch unless you so choose. But anything visible through windows is fair game. That's not illegal search, that's plain sight. If you don't want it seen from the outside, conceal it inside. Saying an officer can't look in or even shine a flashlight in is just crazy.

THis series gets a little cocky at times but I think it's mostly correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your vehicle is an extension of your home..... Would you allow any LEO to enter your home
disarm you, run all your firearm serial numbers without objection? Think about it....

I will take credit for this as mine was the last post before this one. Problem is it doesn't matter what you call me, I don't care. :banplease:

If you're gonna continue to use my quote you should at least cite the proper US Supreme Court case in it. Otherwise it just looks like you're being an asshole by using it. :D

i was heading down a backroad heading to hazelhurst Georgia and i was speeding and got pulled over by a local sheriff and i stuck my hands out the window and showed him my concealed carrying permit and told the officer i had a gun in the door and he said every law abiding citizin should carry a gun and did not give me a ticket and said have a nice day

If all parties in the stop are calm and reasonable there probably will not be an issue one way or the other. If one of the parties, on either side of the door, is an asshole then there probably will be a problem. Assholes both sides of the door....definate problem.

okay... I will be that guy... you know you dont need a permit to carry in your car. It could have gone very differently if the cop was one of the ones that dont like armed civilians. I personally would not have disclosed that I was carrying. If he saw it, cool, otherwise, its none of his damn business. Here is my driver's license, thank you and have a nice day.

... but I am glad it turned out well for you.

this x2

How about a different take on this subject. Whenever I have an encounter with LE one of the first thing I do is inform them I'm armed. I don't do it because of any law that says I should or should not. I do it because LE has a tough enough job as it is and it's just the polite thing to do. Simple courtesy. I have never had a problem.

I've been carrying so long that most of the time it doesn't even cross my mind. There's no way that I'm bringing up a weapon unless I'm asked. I don't mind answering, but I ain't going to spook a guy by telling him, "hey I gotta a gun."

I've been stopped and through several road blocks without any mention of a firearm. I ain't gonna spook a cop by telling him I'm armed. I assume that he always assumes that most folks today are armed, but I ain't gonna force him to deal with it by telling him.

The last stop I had wasn't pleasant. The deputy spotted a long gun in my back seat and asked if it was loaded. I replied "No, it's an old muzzleloader." He then asked if I had any that were loaded? I told him "yes I do." He then ask me to give them to him for safety. I told him "that'll be fine." I didn't care, kinda understood as we were alone on a county road. But after getting them he continued with an attitude about me and my loaded pistols. He kept asking me things like, "what are you afraid of?" "Why do you think you need a .380 in your pocket and a .40 S&W in the glove box?" I responded the first time with, "I carry for the same reason you do. It's a dangerous world we live in." Even after returning them to me he had the nerve to tell me that I should consider changing jobs if I felt like the one I had was so dangerous.

I bit the hell out of my tongue and left. I had nothing to gain by any further comments at the scene of the stop.
did he take your guns back to his car? i have heard of cops running numbers before

he shouldnt have taken them honestly, but its better just to get things over with i suppose

I had a female officer SHOOT my glock before.... She wanted to make it empty to make her feel safe. The idiot racked the slide then took the magazine out and pulled the trigger towards the ditch and BOOM!!!!

The worst part was is SHE CARRIED A GLOCK!!!! That right there showed me she has no F'ing training with how to use it!

I WILL NEVER AGAIN DISCLOSE I HAVE ONE!

Back
Top Bottom