• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I wonder if folks here are taking credit cards as a form of payment

Venmo for things on here that need to be shipped. So much easier than putting on pants and going to the bank, then finding an envelope and stamp and then mailing it.
I tried Venmo, only thing I didn't like about it is that it shares everything you do with your contacts. I'm no expert on it, but was there a way to turn that off? I'm just weird like that. I don't want somebody to see I sent Billybob $100 and have to list a reason for it.

I tried Venmo, only thing I didn't like about it is that it shares everything you do with your contacts. I'm no expert on it, but was there a way to turn that off? I'm just weird like that. I don't want somebody to see I sent Billybob $100 and have to list a reason for it.
Yes. You can make all transactions private. Still have to put something though. I just put boner for everything I do on venmo

Yes. You can make all transactions private. Still have to put something though. I just put boner for everything I do on venmo
Hah! good info to know, thanks!

The one and only time I used it was for a guy who won our fantasy football pool. I put it was for a lap dance. Didn't realize it showed up for everyone!

As the title says. I know folks are able to get the Paypal, square Credit card readers in order to take payments. I'm curious if anyone is doing it or is offer it up as a form of payment if a buyer does not want to carry a lot of cash on their person.

I love the idea of swiping the card so I would be able to get the points. That's sound logic.

Please leave me your thoughts.

Respectfully Chris
Considering I would loose 3.5% with every credit card sale (average CC transaction fee, who, do you think, pays for those CC points that you get?), I would not do it. That $1000 rifle just became a $965 rifle.

Some rewards cards charge as much as 5% transaction fees. You aught to see the breakdown of CC fees I get for my business, several dozen categories of credit cards and the associated transaction fees.

Does PayPal still have firearm related transactions banned? They wouldn't really know unless you noted it but back in the day I was warned off it for gun transactions because they could take the money and ban you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep, firearm and ammunitions related transactions are still banned on PayPal.
44684c4fdff5b3bf0d6bbd609664fcbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Considering I would loose 3.5% with every credit card sale (average CC transaction fee, who, do you think, pays for those CC points that you get?), I would not do it. That $1000 rifle just became a $965 rifle.

Some rewards cards charge as much as 5% transaction fees. You aught to see the breakdown of CC fees I get for my business, several dozen categories of credit cards and the associated transaction fees.

If I take credit card as payment I have them pay extra to cover the fee. If I use a credit card I pay extra to cover the fee. Pretty simple.

Back
Top Bottom