• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I wonder if folks here are taking credit cards as a form of payment

Considering I would loose 3.5% with every credit card sale (average CC transaction fee, who, do you think, pays for those CC points that you get?), I would not do it. That $1000 rifle just became a $965 rifle.

Some rewards cards charge as much as 5% transaction fees. You aught to see the breakdown of CC fees I get for my business, several dozen categories of credit cards and the associated transaction fees.

So common sense to me says, maybe the seller tacks on whatever that percentage would be in the price.

If a CC is that important to someone such as myself, and it’s the right deal Id be willing to pay that percentage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So common sense to me says, maybe the seller tacks on whatever that percentage would be in the price.

If a CC is that important to someone such as myself, and it’s the right deal Id be willing to pay that percentage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would be willing to pay an extra 5% to earn a 1% or 2% cash back? Why?
To put it in the numbers, you would pay $1,050 for my $1,000 rifle to get $10 or $20 in cash back or miles or whatever? Why spent extra $50 to earn $10 or $20? Why not just pay $1000 and not lose $40?

good topic. I have a square account that I've used in the past but have always felt a little odd putting in my ad "will accept credit card via square if you cover the fees" as I feel like some might think I'm a retail store or something.

PayPal is the same as far as taking a % of the sale unless you use friends and family or have the cash in your account.

I guess I'll start to put CC accepted on the stuff I sell just in case that might sway someone...

If I take credit card as payment I have them pay extra to cover the fee. If I use a credit card I pay extra to cover the fee. Pretty simple.
Don't you have to agree to not charge credit customers more as part of the contract for accepting VISA? There's no law requiring sellers to give credit card users a free ride when it comes to the fees but almost none of them do.

As a private seller there is no way I am going to pay some credit card company 5% so the buyer can get 1% cash back. If I was running a business it would be different, so many people only pay with a card now business owners pretty much have to accept plastic and agree to whatever terms the banks issuing the cards dictate.

Back
Top Bottom