• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I would like to limit the for sale items to ‘1 trip down recent posts ‘

On second thought, it's quite helpful. Bear with me a moment. Human beings are good at recognizing patterns. In just about anything, we see patterns. These patterns become expected in certain contexts. I can easily pick out a new ad in the recent posts view because of all the rubbish and yard sale flotsam polluting the site. It does kind of help.

ya it gets annoying

pretty sure I've seen a lot of the same "good deals" relisted for like 5 ****ing years. I honestly believe that after a dozen trips of being relisted it should be moved to a spam section

Screenshot_20180522-083127.jpg

I don't see quite a few post on here any more . . . .

View attachment 1633678
I don't see quite a few post on here any more . . . .

I have never placed anyone on Ignore due to their listings, but being a poor communicator, liar, or just stupid, will get you on Ignore faster than your hat can hit the ground.

I agree on seeing the same stuff listed for two years over and over but if I remember correctly you're only allowed one bump a day.
If they bump more often you can send them a pm or report it.
From the Rules section:
Please refrain from excessively bumping your ad when there is no new information to add and nothing has changed. (More than twice a day with no new info is considered "excessive")

When I see 5 or more ads from the same person at the "top of the charts", I simply hit the IGNORE button. When I see the same old ads for years and years, again, I hit the IGNORE button. Bottom line, I want to focus on those "deal of the day" virgin posters that haven't yet figured out the ODT typical pricing of cost plus 20%.

Back
Top Bottom