• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Identify this bird

I did have a huge buzzsard circling me yesterday while I was in a hay field. I guess you might say that he was buzzing me. I must look worse than I thought.

My house backs up to wooded area full of owls and hawks. There is one in particular I have to watch out for. He is a huge sucker. I have a little Pomeranian and Chi Wawa mix and she is tiny. Her little snout is no bigger that the end of your thumb. She would make a nice little snack for this huge bird of prey. It's literally the size of an eagle. I use to live in Oklahoma and due to the wheat fields there were an absurd amount of field mice. So there were a million hawks there. The one's that had the white ring around the tail feather. Now I have seen some big hawks but nothing like this thing that sits out on the branch real close to our house. I am so paranoid it's going to go for little Lucy I stand out in the yard with a long stick while she is out even though our yard is fenced in. If I don't know what kind of bird it is but this bastard is at least two and a half feet tall if not bigger. Biggest bird of prey I have ever seen. It looks very similar to the pic you posted. Big muscular looking SOM BiT*h. Pretty but fierce looking. Wing span has to be at least 5 feet. I have pics but it's to far to get a clear image. If I had a real good camera with some zoom I could get a good pic and Identify it.

One night at our last house a big owl swooped down at my Pit Bull. I don't know what it was thinking but when it go down to about 5 feet Opie my Pits name, jumped up and tried to take a chomp out it. I have never heard wings flapping like that before in my life. That owl must have said " holy sh*t , what in the hell was I thinking. I have got to get something to eat before I do something stupid like that again".

Back
Top Bottom