• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If I don't check the item is for trade box...

Close the ad to where they can only send you a PM, if they offer you a trade, just ignore it if don't want to trade, and just forget it, no need to get upset, just move along...

Be sure and state in the AD several times only "FOR SALE ONLY"...

Absolutely not. My thought is that there's no harm in asking.
If I make an ad that is Sale only, I'll often put that somewhere in the ad: "No trades, sale only".

I've yet to get butthurt on the ODT by making or answering reasonable offers.

Now, when the neckbearded redneck asks me three times "How much ammo are you gonna GIVE me?", then I might get offended. Or I usually just say, "nevermind, deal's off".

I get it if you're upset with dumb offers. But this is the ODT (T for trader).:wacko:
well there ya go, i was talking about people who make trade offers when none was asked for then get butthurt when they don't like the counter :)

Close the ad to where they can only send you a PM, if they offer you a trade, just ignore it if don't want to trade, and just forget it, no need to get upset, just move along...

Be sure and state in the AD several times only "FOR SALE ONLY"...
but i like when people comment on my ads, why would i close them to comments?...as for the other part, if the title says FS (as opposed to FS?FT) and there is a for sale price but no trade value, i would say that is plenty of indication i'm not interested in trading...but if you insist i will give you a trade i would do...

I think - to some degree - everything is up for negotiation. I will entertain trades on FS only listings, and have (including successfully very recently), because I usually don't have a particular trade in mind. I figure if someone explicitly types or enters "For sale only" or "No trades" then that means don't bother... but I also believe that lots of people out there have things they'd be willing to trade that I'd be interested in, and I won't know it's out there or I'm interested until they ask.

I think - to some degree - everything is up for negotiation. I will entertain trades on FS only listings, and have (including successfully very recently), because I usually don't have a particular trade in mind. I figure if someone explicitly types or enters "For sale only" or "No trades" then that means don't bother... but I also believe that lots of people out there have things they'd be willing to trade that I'd be interested in, and I won't know it's out there or I'm interested until they ask.
You can make the ad fs/ft without listing a specific trade...

Back
Top Bottom