• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If they are no longer an active threat, do not shoot

That's why you need to pass a simple written test about deadly force laws in order to get a carry permit. I'd like to see them even require you to hit a pie plate at 5-7 yards. That's not me being a liberal constitution hater, that's me not wanting people who can't do the above tasks to have firearms in the public near me. I'm controversially with Ayoob on this one, sometimes you have to sacrifice a little bit in order to keep a right long into the future. *ducks and covers *

You do not understand, ..."shall not be infringed upon".. do you?

i know i was not close at the time, but i think i heard the kid say "i will be back and i will kill you and your family". so i am sure he was still a threat..

But...then i read articles/watch videos where someone shoots someone fleeing and "no longer a threat" and they are justified and its a clean shot. So...?:confused2: the subway worker here in ga recently is one of many examples (she shot him while fleeing into woods). The guy had done an attempted robbery and struck the subway workers son with a blunt object. Is this case different because there was no known weapon pulled on homeowner?

That's why you need to pass a simple written test about deadly force laws in order to get a carry permit. I'd like to see them even require you to hit a pie plate at 5-7 yards. That's not me being a liberal constitution hater, that's me not wanting people who can't do the above tasks to have firearms in the public near me. I'm controversially with Ayoob on this one, sometimes you have to sacrifice a little bit in order to keep a right long into the future. *ducks and covers *
Here you go. You earned it.....

IMG_0339.JPG

No. Sorry, but shall not be infringed should not be infringed.

i know i was not close at the time, but i think i heard the kid say "i will be back and i will kill you and your family". so i am sure he was still a threat..
That would have made no difference at all legally. They can say anything they want, but if they do not appear to have both ability and opportunity, their intent means nothing.

Back
Top Bottom