• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If this was a real gun would it be legal?

10/22 can never be an AOW. It will be a pistol, a rifle, or a short barrel rifle.(I suppose you could put a forward grip on a charger and make it an AOW but the cost is the same as SBR so not sure why anyone would ever do that. )

If it started as a rifle it must keep a barrel over 16" and a OAL of 26" or more. Below either of those and it is a SBR.

If it started as a pistol than there is no OAL or barrel length requirements so long as you don't put a butt stock on it and turn it into a rifle (which is legal, but then rifle rules apply.)

As long as your barrel isn't shorter than 16" and your OAL isn't shorter than 26" that gun is 100% legal.

10/22 can never be an AOW. It will be a pistol, a rifle, or a short barrel rifle.

If it started as a rifle it must keep a barrel over 16" and a OAL of 26" or more. Below either of those and it is a SBR.

If it started as a pistol than there is no OAL or barrel length requirements so long as you don't put a butt stock on it and turn it into a rifle (which is legal, but then rifle rules apply.)

As long as your barrel isn't shorter than 16" and your OAL isn't shorter than 26" that gun is 100% legal.
This ^

Plus this.
FB_IMG_1499391320774.jpg

10/22 can never be an AOW. It will be a pistol, a rifle, or a short barrel rifle.(I suppose you could put a forward grip on a charger and make it an AOW but the cost is the same as SBR so not sure why anyone would ever do that. )

Where do I measure barrel length?

So a 10/22 with a bbl length of 16" and an OAL less than 26" would be what? An AOW correct?

And yes the vert grip on a charger is an AOW and you'd be paying a "manufacturing" stamp so yes it'd be 200.00 that's why rarely does anyone manufacture AOWs. If you purchase a newly manufactured AOW its only a 5.00 stamp but wait time hangs out right there with all the other approvals.

I wish AOWs would fly through I'd be more inclined to own some different stuff that doesn't add much but is worth 5 bucks

Back
Top Bottom