• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If this was a real gun would it be legal?

So the forward grip add DOES NOT make this a problem? I am taking it to the range when I am done and really don't want to call you from the Fed pokey...
Haha you gon make me bail you out? Then no vert grip lolol you're good. Imagine, A folding AKM variant. 16" barrel, meets OAL of 26" when folded (in GA just to be specific to keep CA and CT etc legislation out of the conversation)
You decide the triangle folding stock is stupid and you hate triangles as a shape.

Pull your 4.5mm folding stock hinge pin. Take stock off throw it away. Still a rifle. Sucks to shoot and is less effective but a rifle none the less, and a vert grip or forward attachment would not re-define that

When you get arrested just show the agent this thread he'll let you go :becky: :ballchain:

Keep in mind at the range they're not always the most "informed" or knowledgeable especially in the terms of modifying or manufacturing. Most have a good grasp on NFA and items like suppressors, SBR/SBS etc but when you bring something weird looking they may just make a judgment on you there and say no. They may lie to your face and know it, or may be misinformed. I've been asked and told some DUMB s*** at ranges and gunstores before.

Keep in mind at the range they're not always the most "informed" or knowledgeable especially in the terms of modifying or manufacturing. Most have a good grasp on NFA and items like suppressors, SBR/SBS etc but when you bring something weird looking they may just make a judgment on you there and say no. They may lie to your face and know it, or may be misinformed. I've been asked and told some DUMB s*** at ranges and gunstores before.
I'll just bring this post...

The gun in post #1 looks like a rifle that had most of the stock removed, but enough remains that the OAL still exceeds 26” and the barrel is a rifle barrel of 16” or greater.

Sinc it had a shoulder stock and was intended and designed by the factory to use a stock, it CANNOT be a pistol or AOW now.
If it became any sort of NFA weapon, it would be an SBR.
But the barrel and receiver and that stubby bit of the stock behind the receiver look like they’re still adding up to over 26 inches.

I have a charger with a regular 10/22 stock with the stock cut off several inches off the forearm at the pistol grip. If you looked at it from a couple feet away you think I hacked a 10/22 at the barrel and stock and have a SBR. Had a cop say wait we got a problem with this gun until he read the receiver. Lol I was laughing at him and he felt like a dumbass because he was puffed up when thought he had some illegal gun only to get deflated quick. The gun in the picture is legal if it's a charger that had the stock sawed off and no front grip.

Back
Top Bottom