• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you absolutely must have a G19

True, but I was talking about people buying $600+ glocks on here, not at a gun store. You have to have a background check at a gun store. My point was that if they're buying them on here, they've likely set foot in several gun stores during their life. I guess it's possible that there are ignorant people getting duped, but I have a strong feeling that isn't always the case.

Some people buy milk for $5 a gallon at the convenience store.

True, but I was talking about people buying $600+ glocks on here, not at a gun store. You have to have a background check at a gun store. My point was that if they're buying them on here, they've likely set foot in several gun stores during their life. I guess it's possible that there are ignorant people getting duped, but I have a strong feeling that isn't always the case.

I have a C&R license and for some reason I hate filling out those 4473s. I will pay a little more on here to avoid a gun store. I won't pay that much but hey, to accuse people of something like you are doing I would need a lot more evidence. Assuming that everybody that overpays is a criminal seems to me to be your problem.

I have a C&R license and for some reason I hate filling out those 4473s. I will pay a little more on here to avoid a gun store. I won't pay that much but hey, to accuse people of something like you are doing I would need a lot more evidence. Assuming that everybody that overpays is a criminal seems to me to be your problem.

"probably overpays"

no wait.... "probably a criminal"

overpaying a little out of convenience versus overpaying $200 for a $500 gun are two different things.

overpaying a little out of convenience versus overpaying $200 for a $500 gun are two different things.

In all seriousness, if your stipulation were true then why are people paying 5x retail for ammunition and why are gun show prices parallel to those on the ODT?

Some people might not have the time to go around looking for the best price.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people might not have the time to go around looking for the best price.

In all seriousness, if your stipulation were true then why are people paying 5x retail for ammunition and why are gun show prices parallel to those on the ODT?

Fact: Most of the people paying well above msrp for glocks or any other gun that is readily available (AR 15's and such during the panic are excluded) are probably only doing so because they are unable to pass a background check. Something to think about.

1) IMO it's more likely that an ignorant person would go to a gun show than it is that they would come to the ODT (seriously, how many people do you think surfed the ODT before ever setting foot in a gun store?)
2) Ammo is not readily available unless you can take a day off of work and drive to georgia arms, or sit in walmart all day long waiting on a shipment. People have a CHOICE to pay retail or above msrp for glocks and such. Ammo not so much.

Back
Top Bottom