• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you are into aircraft, RAF 100 year celebration fly past.......

Very cool. We will have a parade soon including our vintage aircraft. Of course libs are *****ing.

https://www.nbkorea, cnews.com/news/us-news/planning-trump-s-military-parade-finally-getting-underway-n887431
Assinine!
What are we, some kind of Banana Republic? North Korea? China? The USSR?

I'm all for supporting and celebrating our military and veterans, but this is nothing more than celebrating Grand Marshal Trump and "his" shiny toys. In this country, we celebrate the men and women who defend our freedom, not the tools that that job makes necessary. We can love and appreciate those tools, but we don't worship them.

Assinine!
What are we, some kind of Banana Republic? North Korea? China? The USSR?

I'm all for supporting and celebrating our military and veterans, but this is nothing more than celebrating Grand Marshal Trump and "his" shiny toys. In this country, we celebrate the men and women who defend our freedom, not the tools that that job makes necessary. We can love and appreciate those tools, but we don't worship them.

So you've never attended a RAFB open house and watched the Thunderbirds perform?

As taxpayers we pay for the stuff, why can't we enjoy it on display every now and again?

So you've never attended a RAFB open house and watched the Thunderbirds perform?

As taxpayers we pay for the stuff, why can't we enjoy it on display every now and again?
I fully appreciate such a display (and have for 30+ years, at Robins and elsewhere), when there's reason for it. But not when it's because some bum gets a stick up his bum (so to speak). If he had decided to have such a parade to celebrate some specific event, I'd be all for it. Or even if he had phrased his desire in those terms, it'd be better.
For some reason, in this instance, I see Trump standing on a grandstand while huge mobile ICBMs roll down Pennsylvania Avenue. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just not in a good mood tonight. This story just struck me the wrong way. Maybe that was just the liberal media's intent in the story. Gotta watch that spin.

BTW, great video, Dingo.

Back
Top Bottom