• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you could only have I gun

I'll have to say 10/22,reliable,accurate 3 or 4 30 round magazines.
1,000 rounds weight around 7-8 pounds ,if I'm walking.... 10/22

This was my exact thought. A 22 will reliably kill MOST animals in the southeast. It's effective out to about 125 yards, and gives you a chance out to 200 if you're good.

12 gauge............sling anything down range from #8 to Buck to 1 oz Slugs and everything in between............that will take care of most issues/needs......Yeah, I understand the range and accuracy are a challenge at times, but I think it is still the most versatile.
You limited your range to 100 150 yards. Close in counters 12 ga. Works. AR. Is giving fire power and distance. 2 to 3 times more range. Shotgun vs AR at 300 yards AR has a great advantage.

AR.
CONCEALMENT IS NOT A CONCERN IN A SHTF.
300 YARDS RADIUS
OF KILL ZONE.
500 yards they will know shots are near or possible hits.

AR.
CONCEALMENT IS NOT A CONCERN IN A SHTF.
300 YARDS RADIUS
OF KILL ZONE.
500 yards they will know shots are near or possible hits.

Unfortunately a lot of us live in urban environments, so yes, concealment will be of great advantage to many. Show me consistent 3-500 yard unobstructed urban areas of potential conflict, and I'd gladly choose a rifle instead.

Unfortunately a lot of us live in urban environments, so yes, concealment will be of great advantage to many. Show me consistent 3-500 yard unobstructed urban areas of potential conflict, and I'd gladly choose a rifle instead.

I would still take an AR unless I am inside a building. Inside a building I take a short barreled AR.

I like the idea of the shotgun, so versatile with the assortment of rounds available, and you can even change bbl's if needed. The ammo is pretty light, especially 20ga. I am also a Ruger mini-14 fan and owner. Another light rifle, good light round with more hit and range than the 22lr and range than a shotgun. One advantage of the shotgun is the ability to change ammo as needs/situations change. I would imagine that most situations would require defensive fire, as it would seem prudent to avoid anyone you were not familiar with. As simple as both the 870 and mini-14 are to take care of, I think I too would go with the 870 in 20ga.

Well the thought of one gun is very depressing. I have Mini 14, AK,AR Shotguns, AK pistol, M14....etc. if I am in a vehicle I will have a Glock 19. 2 xtr mags or Kimber 10mm. 4 mags. No weapons in car when I am out. Shtf not something I want. But I am ready. I think I will take a nap. Might need the energy for later.

You limited your range to 100 150 yards. Close in counters 12 ga. Works. AR. Is giving fire power and distance. 2 to 3 times more range. Shotgun vs AR at 300 yards AR has a great advantage.
You under estimate the AR. 600 yards in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing. It's not that hard.

Back
Top Bottom