• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you drive a Corvette, you suck

I drove my 86 year old father to a funeral in Powder Springs earlier this week. I was commenting about how it's a shame that the bus lines shut down because there a lot of people that need to be riding a bus and not driving a vehicle.

I usually drive in the left lane and keep up with, at a safe distance with the traffic ahead of me.
I made mention of the "middle laners" with vehicles going by them on both sides and some others making evasive maneuvers getting around them.
My father said that he usually just tips along in the middle lane. I informed him that the middle lane wasn't for "tipping".
If vehicles are passing you on the right, then you need to get over or speed up. He said he didn't like the right lane because of the on and off ramps. I said the interstate isn't designed for tipping, that's what the back roads are for. lol

He told that we weren't in a hurry and that I should slow down. I said if I slow down we will get run over.

I guess that's why I drove him. lol

Yeah, what I've found is the car might be able to do it but the limiting factor 99% of the time is the driver. VERY few people push their cars and themselves to the limits.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

There is a difference in pushing a car and being stupid. I prefer not to be stupid, therefor old age and experience have served me well but I can still do what the young punks can only talk about.

PS, I don't think Corvette owners suck, just replied to the car thread. I even considered buying one til I got the Demon.

Old Guys still Rule!

There is a difference in pushing a car and being stupid. I prefer not to be stupid, therefor old age and experience have served me well but I can still do what the young punks can only talk about.

PS, I don't think Corvette owners suck, just replied to the car thread. I even considered buying one til I got the Demon.

Old Guys still Rule!
The Demon is one SIC car! But, when I was in high school, there was no such thing, hell, the Viper was still a dream, but the ZR-1... that was becoming a reality and that's where I set my sights!

I also like taking mine to the road track. So, although power is necessary, so is braking and balance. I know the limits of my car and myself. Luckily, the two are pretty close to each other.

The Demon is one SIC car! But, when I was in high school, there was no such thing, hell, the Viper was still a dream, but the ZR-1... that was becoming a reality and that's where I set my sights!

I also like taking mine to the road track. So, although power is necessary, so is braking and balance. I know the limits of my car and myself. Luckily, the two are pretty close to each other.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Corvettes were invented so middle-aged men can pick up teenage girls at bowling alleys.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Corvettes were invented so middle-aged men can pick up teenage girls at bowling alleys.
Just because you say something doesn't make it true. Corvettes were invented to compete with the small sporty cars of Europe at the time. They've been refined to compete with the super cars of Europe now and do an exceptional job at a fraction of the price.

I really don't understand the envy here. If you don't want one, fine. If you do want one, go buy one, you can find them pretty cheap! I don't knock what others drive... well, except for smart cars, they just make me giggle!!!

Having said all of that and everything else in the thread, I know I'm not the typical Corvette driver. I bought mine when I was 32, when I could still learn to drive it well and have an absolute blast ripping around tracks. I work on my own Z, even completely rebuilt the engine. Yes, I am completely aware of the waxers who will NEVER drive the car faster than a shopping cart. They buy it to join a club and impress others. They're retired and can now afford one, but can't drive them worth a damn. I feel sorry for them and the car but they keep the miles low and the paint shiny for my next Corvette purchase!!

Least liked sports car on the planet, ****ty phone, and false accusations. Same power with 2 less cylinders. Try again?

5f6781e5b6e7b28efaea88a67e190808.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom