• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you had $50000 to invest for the future, where would you put it to make the most money?

$5,000? If you have any debt without a fixed interest rate- pay off debt first.

If your debt is manageable and all at fixed low rates then I’d invest it.

Research and invest in growth orientated US companies that make something or offer a service you understand. Find companies with reasonable or inexpensive valuations. Practice dollar cost averaging and buy little chunk cover time.

Or invest in inexpensive low fee index funds. Again, invest in smaller chunks over time, to protect your yourself.

I also snagged a haunted house in Macongo historic district for 10K cash closed within 20 days.

Immediately relisted with a local agent for 49k and took $64k to the bank...
Not being picky but I don't get the math. ie Spend 10 sell for 49 = 39 gross profit to the bank, (less after agent's fees).

Did the agent get more than your 49 asking price?

Main thing is don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you have debt pay it off first. Investing for the future is very important

I think there might be some opportunities in the not-so-distant future if someone is sitting on some cash. Buying I bonds in the meantime to park that money for a while seems to make sense.

Caveat: I'm just some guy, not a financial adviser.

Russian AKs and 7.62x39 & 7.62x54r ammo.

MREs

M1 Garands and 30-06 ammo

They are probably only going to increase in value. If the "dollah" collapses, I'd still have high value stuff to trade! :behindsofa:

I think there might be some opportunities in the not-so-distant future if someone is sitting on some cash. Buying I bonds in the meantime to park that money for a while seems to make sense.

Caveat: I'm just some guy, not a financial adviser.

At current rates I am finding I bonds very tempting. What is holding me back is backed by the "full faith and credit of the United States Government," and to be honest, I don't fully trust the US Government to remain solvent.

Back
Top Bottom