• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you outlaw guns..........

Two take-aways from that article for me:

1) Gun grabbers are never satisfied:
Samantha Lee, an advocate for tighter firearms laws at Gun Control Australia, said the laws regulating the sale of ammunition in Tasmania and Victoria were weak.

There is very little regulation of ammunition purchase,” she said. “In most jurisdictions you can purchase ammunition because you have a firearm licence and there is no restriction on the type you can purchase – so if you own a rifle you can still purchase ammunition for a handgun.”

Assoc Prof Alpers said the increased police focus on the ammunition trade had been an important development.

“Gun enthusiasts are quite right when they say guns don’t kill – it’s the bullets that kill,” he said. “For many years we just focused on the guns and ignored the ammunition that was lying around – now people are starting to realise that ammunition control is just as important.”

and

2) This: http://grammarist.com/spelling/offence-offense/ . I did not know that.

Holy damn, this little nugget floored me:
“Gun enthusiasts are quite right when they say guns don’t kill – it’s the bullets that kill,” he said. “For many years we just focused on the guns and ignored the ammunition that was lying around – now people are starting to realise that ammunition control is just as important.”

The sheer amount of stupidity in those sentences is astounding!

I read that article and it said that there are still too many loopholes.

You see, you have to go after the ammo, too.

More laws are needed, that's all.

Will solve everything with more laws.

/sarcasm off/

Hey Dingo: Thanks for posting that info.

It gave me a good look into the thinking of your anti-gun people in the comments. One even said anyone who used firearms in the defense of your country should be jailed. No sense of history there. He probably would not exist without the brave people who defended the country. Imagine what the world would be like if we lost WWII.

It is probably better that the crazies have their guns. IEDs and arson would be much worse. One crazy killed 84 people with a dollars worth of gasoline. It happened in a NYC after hours club. The guys girlfriend dumped him and was in the club with her new beau. The crazy did not have a gun so burned the place. It would have been a lot better for the innocent people in the club if he had a gun and only went after the two. They survived the blaze.

Back
Top Bottom