• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you own an AR rifle and pistol...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Doesn't that kinda put you in legal jeopardy? I was just looking at pistol kits on the PSA site. But then I thought how easily a case could be made for constructive possession of an SBR.

Doesn't that kinda put you in legal jeopardy? I was just looking at pistol kits on the PSA site. But then I thought how easily a case could be made for constructive possession of an SBR.

No problem unless you don't have a way to legally use the pistol parts. AR rifle with a spare pistol upper = constructive intent. AR rifle and AR pistol = totally legit.

No problem unless you don't have a way to legally use the pistol parts. AR rifle with a spare pistol upper = constructive intent. AR rifle and AR pistol = totally legit.
Okay that makes sense. So basically I really need to have a complete pistol lower before jumping on any deals on a 10" upper. It's hard to believe that the manufacturers haven't done anything to make it harder to assemble one. Like at least making the pin holes smaller diameter. You know like something Colt would do.

Seriously, how would one know what you have or have a reason to look deep into your purchase history unless there was some other underlying BS going on...
Well while I was checking on a pistol build it just occurred to me how easy a big ugly fed case could be made over stupid ****.
Not long ago I watched a video about this legal oil filter suppressor adapter. After you shoot the hell out of the first filter you have to send it back to the company and they just screw another engraved Fram filter on to it. Now going back to the old days of wipe suppressors I remembere reading that after you shoot the wipes out it was the same story about getting it repacked . Because keeping extra wipes on hand made WAY too much sense to The Man and so they would be considered a whole other untaxed unregistered suppressor. Long story short if IF you owned an EconoCan setup and you also keep oil filters in the garage for your car then it's entirely possible that The Man could call them another suppressor.
All that being said I think I'll stick with carbine length .

Well while I was checking on a pistol build it just occurred to me how easy a big ugly fed case could be made over stupid ****.
Not long ago I watched a video about this legal oil filter suppressor adapter. After you shoot the hell out of the first filter you have to send it back to the company and they just screw another engraved Fram filter on to it. Now going back to the old days of wipe suppressors I remembere reading that after you shoot the wipes out it was the same story about getting it repacked . Because keeping extra wipes on hand made WAY too much sense to The Man and so they would be considered a whole other untaxed unregistered suppressor. Long story short if IF you owned an EconoCan setup and you also keep oil filters in the garage for your car then it's entirely possible that The Man could call them another suppressor.
All that being said I think I'll stick with carbine length .
It's been brought to my attention that certain groups can make a big deal out of absolutely nothing if their mission is to bring you down. I have seen Snippets from text messages partial phone conversations and even words between friends used as a weapon when there was no ill intent

I really appreciate the heads-up it makes you think about a lot of different stuff. There's always a whole lot of stuff you can string together if your mission is "nab" a ruby ridger

I won't buy a pistol AR cause I couldn't resist slapping it together and playing with it in my house. And then maybe showing it to my friend. And then maybe just firing a couple of shots at the range real quick.....slippery slope.

I won't buy a pistol AR cause I couldn't resist slapping it together and playing with it in my house. And then maybe showing it to my friend. And then maybe just firing a couple of shots at the range real quick.....slippery slope.
See... this guy knows what I'm talking about. I'm no anti gunner by any means. But damn it seems just too easy with ARs.
And for the record if any gubment agents are reading this thread I don't own an AR or any other firearms. It seems that my collection was blown out to see somewhere towards Sapelo Island during the hurricane.

Back
Top Bottom