• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you owned it, would you shoot it?

If you owned an 20th or 30th Anniversary Commemorative M9, would you shoot it?

• Yes

Votes: 50 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 27.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Who's asking?

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I love oiled up safe queens

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • You bought a Beretta? Hahaha...

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Italian Tacos

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
EVERY WEAPON I OWN GETS USED AS MUCH AS I CAN AFFORD... THATS WHY I CANT AFFORD THAT NICE OF A PIECE. GIVE ME A $325 GLOCK ANY DAY OF THE WEEK AND IM ONE HAPPY FAT KID!!!

what's the $ value difference between a BNIB and lightly used one? if you can live with that drop - then shoot it. i too have a hard time owning something without being able to use it for its intended purpose. guns, knives, women...

now i'm going to delete my history before my wife sees this post.

Nope, I wouldn't shoot it. Presumably it cost a collector's premium; sell for that accordingly down the road. I'm not a collector-- so I'm not in the market for those, ever-- I shoot my guns. Hard, usually. If they can't stand up to competition (or hunting, or whatever) I have no use for them.

I once met a guy with a whole walk-in safe room full of old collector guns, still in the boxes. I scratched my head... it may be a hell of an inheritance for his kids, but if the world goes to hell, a .30-30 is a .30-30, regardless if it's a "John Wayne" whatever. But that's just me. For now, there's still a market.

I don't think it was hurting his bottom line, and there you go.

I shoot mine. Have killed deer with every non-military rifle I own, and with a few of them too. Have cleared a bowling pin table with every handgun-- down to and including .32 ACP. And wouldn't have it any other way.

I guess it's just a nostalgia thing as I get older. Really can't afford collector pieces, but I couldn't pass this up. I can get a new M9 from Quantico Tactical for $475. Will probably pick one of those up and choot it.

Basic Training - Colt M16A1
1289112511.jpg
Basic Training.jpg

Officer Training School - S&W Model 15
60bd448d.jpg

upload_2017-5-16_23-7-16.png

Desert Storm - Beretta M9
M9-pistolet.jpg

14. Return from Desert Storm, 1991.jpg

I guess it's just a nostalgia thing as I get older. Really can't afford collector pieces, but I couldn't pass this up. I can get a new M9 from Quantico Tactical for $475. Will probably pick one of those up and choot it.

Basic Training - Colt M16A1
View attachment 1175764View attachment 1175749

Officer Training School - S&W Model 15View attachment 1175765
View attachment 1175763

Desert Storm - Beretta M9View attachment 1175766
View attachment 1175755

I'd say you DESERVE to shoot it ... Enjoy... life is way to short

Back
Top Bottom