• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you run a FL1A Ford Oil Filter...

If you really cared you would install an Accusump.

This will do almost nothing for engine life. A good filter works. I have used an Accusump on racecars. It is why bother if you are not starving the engine for oil. Oh and buy the Wix or Motorcraft filters

Reactions: MRM
This will do almost nothing for engine life. A good filter works. I have used an Accusump on racecars. It is why bother if you are not starving the engine for oil. Oh and buy the Wix or Motorcraft filters
I haven't installed one.
I have read that most wear occurs on a cold start. I also remember reading that they have been set up to be used in that capacity.
Seven years ago I was looking into them for a new car purchase that I planned on keeping for a long time.

Aside from excellent maintenance, what would be the next "over the top" longevity actions?
External oil cooler? Increased capacity?
Additives?

My thinking is: if I have a engine capable of long life, then what causes the most damage and how is it alleviated.

Very little wear on start up. Less with synthetic oil. Here is my plan for long engine life. My Honda has 399,000 and will hit 400,000 miles in the next 2 weeks. Synthetic oil and good filters. I have used only factory filters on 5,000 mile intervals. Mainly Mobil one and Penzoil. No need for Bob's mystery oil or anything exotic. Just be religious about doing it. Plugs every 100,000 miles and regular air filters. Other stuff as needed. I may start a post when I hit 400,000 miles.

I only use Mobil1 extended performance filter and oils in my f250 gas motor

oil change every 15,000 miles

if you're changing oil at 3000, you're wasting time and possibly money

Took many a “high dollar” filter off oil starved motors needing rebuild. I prefer STP standard filters.

Might not get the smallest contaminate, but will still pass oil.

Back
Top Bottom