• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you're not using 4wd regularly

JHunter14

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
6   0
Reaction score
How often are you putting your truck/suv in 4wd to keep everthing lubricated?

I just realized today it's been a year since I've done it. I normally use 4 low every 3 to 6 months for hunting or camping trips. COVID and work have kept me prisoner over the last 12 months.

I make it a habit to do 4 hi for a couple miles ever so often. Once or twice a month running thru the area I live in. Keeps the lube moving. Haven’t owned anything that wasn’t 4x4 since early 70’s so it’s not hard to remember for me.

I guess hunting out of a 2wd Ford Ranger for the past 15 years has made me a better driver. My 4wd truck is hardly ever is needed. With that being said I will test the 4wd out once or twice a year.

You should change the oil in the four wheel drive unit as it turns even though it is not in four wheel and will give you trouble if you do not service it.

I didn't use my F 150's 4wd in years, and when I really needed it last hunting season, it wouldn't go in. Found the transfer case motor was frozen. A 10 minute easy fix and a 100 bucks reminds me to kick it in at least once a month.

i would suggest at least twice a year, juts if your driving around in the yard. Just to make sure the system is working. If you do a lot of off road, why not use it more?

Just change your DIFF fluid when needed transfer case etc.

Back
Top Bottom