• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll go ahead and post this. Cops arrest guy with camera phone & kill his dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that could have been avoided if they had self control. What did the guy do anyway record them and run his mouth a little it was ridiculous not enough to put him in cuffs it really does seem in today's world all it takes to be a cop is being able to pull a trigger and have no common sense.

Are you implying the video implies good police work? I mean no disrespect to the badge, but that video clearly shows the officers allowed that situation to escalate and if you see it differently, you are part of the problem, not the solution. This video makes me sick.
I saw numerous people doing the same thing, videoing the officers and yelling at the police. I don't know why the officers arrested the guy but if it was simplely for video and yelling there would have been many more arrests.I too like dogs more than most people, and sometimes feel that dogs are shot too soon when there are other ways to deal with them. But it looks like there were two separate attempts to calm the dog and not just shot at first sight.

All that could have been avoided if they had self control. What did the guy do anyway record them and run his mouth a little it was ridiculous not enough to put him in cuffs it really does seem in today's world all it takes to be a cop is being able to pull a trigger and have no common sense.

Sounds like this guy has something ongoing with this dept. already. I wonder if he could be the one that pushed this a little to far? Maybe to pad his lawsuit? Common sense might say if you have priors and a current lawsuit against the dept you would move on or at least shut up in this situation.

Leon Rosby spent the night in jail on suspicion of obstructing officers.

Rosby, who has a criminal history and a current lawsuit against police, say they needlessly killed his dog. His lawyer, Michael Gulden, says the incident will be added to the lawsuit.

...and be willing to sell your soul for a JOB. It's a ****ing job. These assholes just take themselves too seriously. One of my oldest friends in the world is a peace officer (a real one bonded with insurance) and he thinks the laws and consequences for officers should be more harsh than us regular folk. He's retiring on 20 next month. He can't wait to get away from most of the trash he works with.

I was going to reply to Leatherhead, but your post sums it up; the entire scene could have been avoided with a little common sense. The officers, in my opinion, escalated the situation to the point that caused the dog to attack. The dog owner was an idiot, no doubt, but LEO is expected to be held to a much higher standard than some loudmouth on the street. The dog left the car because of the officers actions. The dogs owner at no time was being threatening or uncooperative.

If a dog lunges at me like that one did at that cop I'ma shoot it too. Anybody don't want thier dog shot needs to either keep it locked up or make damn sure it knows better than to lunge.

Somebody must have gotten a few tickets.
Some of you guys need to spend a little time in a rough neighborhood.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom