• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"I'll take it." Actually, no... you won't.

Amen. "I'll take it" followed by a list of questions/demands/issues is always going to get trumped by a PM from somebody offering what you're asking with no issues and ready to meet. "I'll take it" is not a place holder to push others off.

I had a guy post "I will take it" and then he started wanting to negociate the price. I believe he was foreign. I informed him it did not work that way and told him I would not sell it to him. He keep on and I finally had to tell him you are done, not for sale to you at any price.

Amen. "I'll take it" followed by a list of questions/demands/issues is always going to get trumped by a PM from somebody offering what you're asking with no issues and ready to meet. "I'll take it" is not a place holder to push others off.
Exactly, I see many post "damn I missed it" because someone posts I'll take it in the thread.
Invariably followed by a "it's still available" post by the OP

Oh yeah! In 6 1/2 years on this site he's the only turd I've ever had to put on the ignore list, and no it wasn't laufen. Lol! I had a pistol for sale at a very reasonable price and this dingleberry PM'd he'd take it but only if I sold it to him for about 60% of my FIRM asking price. When I politely declined the dipwad started PM'ing me over & over saying I should sell it for what he wanted to pay and getting kinda nasty about it when I brought up the fact that he had multiple negs and I wasn't about to deal with a trader with a buncha negs. I didn't need to sell it anyway, just wanted to move it to buy something else I wanted so off to the ignore list the little ***** went. And yeah, I hope you're reading this you little POS snowflake MORON! Lmao!

Eta: That sorry ass ****hook has SIX negs, why the hell anybody would even deal with that idiot is beyond me. Smdh....
You get it. ;)
It's been so long since I started the thread I don't remember exactly why but I believe the impetus was several posts whining that the seller didn't sell them whatever it was they were after even though they offered their asking price, or just went quiet, or whatever. It seems it never enters into the minds of people that perhaps the seller just doesn't want to sell to you, for any number of possible reasons. (I personally won't sell to or buy from certain types of people.) It's just interesting how linear the thought process is for some.

First let me say that the major majority of folks I have met on here are great people. Very nice guys with similar interest, salt of the earth type people, some professional types etc. However, I have always thought you have the right to refuse to sell to anyone, if I drive up and do not like your looks or your attitude, or something does not feel right, I reserve the right to move on.

I had a guy post "I will take it" and then he started wanting to negociate the price. I believe he was foreign. I informed him it did not work that way and told him I would not sell it to him. He keep on and I finally had to tell him you are done, not for sale to you at any price.

Foreign as in from North of the Mason Dixon line?

JK all my northern friends just kidding

People need to not get their feelings hurt (easy to say right?). I got accused by a guy of not selling to him due to someone offering me more $$$$, when in fact I sold it for the price (very good price) I asked but to a different buyer. I got 2 PMs at the same time. 1 guy (who posted "I'll take it") started asking about me coming to him and what else I would include on an already great price and another guy PMed "I'll take it" and said he would come right to me and no conditions or questions. "I'll take it" in the thread is not magic.

It's been so long since I started the thread I don't remember exactly why but I believe the impetus was several posts whining that the seller didn't sell them whatever it was they were after even though they offered their asking price, or just went quiet, or whatever.

Since this thread is nearly 19 months ago, it is not shocking that you would not remember exactly why you started the thread. Heck, I can't remember what I wore yesterday, much less the reason for starting a thread that is 19 months old.

Back
Top Bottom