• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll take it doesn't always mean you get it

"I'll take it", not even "I'll buy it" doesn't bind the seller to sell to you. His stuff, his sale. Someone else might have had a stronger feedback score, done several previous deals with the seller, lives way closer to the potential buyer, therefore less travel time, another buyer might have offered the perfect unicorn in trade, etc. All kinds of reasons a seller could have chosen a different buyer.

Saw a gun I had been looking for today, and happened to see it as soon as it came up for sale. I replied with an "I'll take it" within 2 minutes of the original post and followed it up with a PM

The reply i got was, "i'm selling it to someone else."

just the kind of stuff that pisses me off

For the record any transaction I'm doing, the first, "I'll take it." gets it... w/ the first PM stating, "I'll take it" running next in order.

I've had too many people schedule a meet up and then cancel last minute (after I've already driven there or cancelled other arrangements). I tell all the "I will take it" people that I'm not holding it because I've been screwed so many times and the first person to meet up can have it.

Am I the only one that does this? You only need to drive 45 minutes (one way) a few times and get ditched for it to seriously tick you off.

hahaha again, i could care less.

Shouldn't that be "I couldn't care less?"

JK, I know what you're talking about. Had a pistol for sale here and on another site. The guy said he had to get his pistol sold first. I said OK, I'll hold it, just let me know. After a week with no word found him on this site looking for a pistol to buy. Emailed him and he said he didn't get what he wanted out of his pistol. All of which is BS because he is looking for a pistol on here and is willing to pay more then he was going to pay for mine????? **** happens and we move on I guess.

For the record any transaction I'm doing, the first, "I'll take it." gets it... w/ the first PM stating, "I'll take it" running next in order.

So if the first "I'll take it" has been a member for 3 months, has done 5 transactions with a 70% feedback score, lives in Habersham County, but is willing to meet you half way, while the second "I'll take it" is from a friend in Chatsworth whom you have done business with numerous times, and has a perfect feedback score with over a hundred transactions, you'll go with the first..... That is far more noble than I am willing to be.

Is "I'll take/buy it" some sort of unwritten rule that binds me to a buyer that I'm not aware of?

Any time I sell something I do what's in my best interest. Until I have committed the item to an agreed upon transaction it's still mine to do as I please with. I listen to any offers until I get what I want. I figure everyone else is free to do the same. If I miss something I wanted because of it, oh well. Stuff happens. I've got bigger worries in the world than that.

I give the first guy in line the first shot, but if the second or third or 15th guy come along with a better offer, I'm going with them.

sometimes i get offers around the same time. or after listing an item i get a myriad of responses

i sift through them before responding to any of them first. the fastest response might not be what im looking for trade wise or may be to far of a drive.

Back
Top Bottom