• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll take it!

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
if I don't get outbid by the next neckbeard that PMs you.

(this is the new way of telling a sailor you want their item at their asking price, at least until the PTB finally create/authorize/allow a real auction function on ODT.)

In the Rules and Guidelines of this site, under "Classifieds" you will find this comment in the eighth paragraph about "I"ll take it" responses.
“I’ll take it” means nothing unless the thread starter says it does, and even then we do not enforce it, it just isn’t feasible.

I think each member should be honest and upfront, but sadly, many are not. I don't like for sellers to turn their ad into an auction format, but again, some do. Just the way it is.

1qnlga.jpg

To offer a counterpoint though - "I'll take it" posted in a thread should mean "I'll take it and do what I need to to make the deal happen". I am probably not the only one who has gotten an "I'll take it" posted on an ad followed by:

1. No PM or follow-up
2. Crazy demands/negotiations
3. Low-ball offer

I agree that it is impossible to enforce "I'll take it" as long as people see "I'll take it" as a place holder to start negotiating from. If somebody posts "I'll take it" on my sale thread I expect that to be followed by a PM and offer to meet at a reasonable distance for full asking price.

Back
Top Bottom