• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll take it!

To offer a counterpoint though - "I'll take it" posted in a thread should mean "I'll take it and do what I need to to make the deal happen". I am probably not the only one who has gotten an "I'll take it" posted on an ad followed by:

1. No PM or follow-up
2. Crazy demands/negotiations
3. Low-ball offer

I agree that it is impossible to enforce "I'll take it" as long as people see "I'll take it" as a place holder to start negotiating from. If somebody posts "I'll take it" on my sale thread I expect that to be followed by a PM and offer to meet at a reasonable distance for full asking price.
Other sites weed out these dirtbags and time wasters. ODT must be overrun with them AND the "I'll give ya a extry $100 fer it!" types. On ODT a sailor is 'protected' if he runs a PMA (Private Message Auction) by the PTB. No big deal really, just aggravating sometimes when you post an "Ill take it" followed by a PM that says "I'll take it at your asking price and meet you whenever and where ever you say" and the cellar posts a reply SPM in the thread. You get no reply and when you PM again asking "Where and when do you want to meet?" you get the "I already solt it to another feller" response. These shytebags go on my ignore list.

Other sites weed out these dirtbags and time wasters. ODT must be overrun with them AND the "I'll give ya a extry $100 fer it!" types. On ODT a sailor is 'protected' if he runs a PMA (Private Message Auction) by the PTB. No big deal really, just aggravating sometimes when you post an "Ill take it" followed by a PM that says "I'll take it at your asking price and meet you whenever and where ever you say" and the cellar posts a reply SPM in the thread. You get no reply and when you PM again asking "Where and when do you want to meet?" you get the "I already solt it to another feller" response. These shytebags go on my ignore list.

I hear you palmettomoon palmettomoon being honorable needs to flow both ways. And I agree the auction thing is annoying - see my post in the other thread about auctions.

I hear you palmettomoon palmettomoon being honorable needs to flow both ways. And I agree the auction thing is annoying - see my post in the other thread about auctions.
I didn't see @Bypass 's post. Otherwise I'd leave off. I saw your post. It looks a lot like the primer I posted a couple weeks ago after my buddy started a shyte storm in the classifieds with an "auction" so we could see how many bids he could generate via PM.

31 at last count after the first poster said, "I'll take it!"

Back
Top Bottom