• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Illegal? Guns to Mexico "Project Gunwalker"

Thanks mugsy. CBS had a decent report on this. Man it's crazy sometimes how some of our Government Agencies do things. But then I'm not the expert and we have to trust that they know what their doing, even though it doesn't seem to make good sense to me sometimes.

Thanks mugsy. CBS had a decent report on this. Man it's crazy sometimes how some of our Government Agencies do things. But then I'm not the expert and we have to trust that they know what their doing, even though it doesn't seem to make good sense to me sometimes.

Trust them?

Trust but verify!!

Question with boldness!

I just retired from working 24 years for a government agency which shall remain unnamed (Off we go into the Wild Blue Yonder...) and most of my compatriots were good men, of decent character. Usually, you could count on their brains and "common sense" to act in concert to carry out our tasks, but, every now and then one or the other of those two things would be absent and then we had trouble. Brains without sense is trouble, sense but without brains is ineffective and useless and either case could be dangerous.

I saw, rarely it is true but it did happen, a few truly hare-brained ideas get started and run for a while before "adult supervision" stepped in to stop things. Even more rarely I saw, after the fact, the results when adult supervision didn't act to stop or correct things.

The ATF annoys me but I think most agents are probably decent folks trying to get a not particularly great job done. I can easily imagine how this idea of allowing weapons to go through so that they could be traced might seem "sensible" to someone behind a desk in Phoenix or in DC. Cops have done things like this before with drugs or counterfeit or stolen money. When it works it is great for developing a complete intel trail, but when it fails it is bad and we help the bad guys.

This appears to have been a bad failure.

Back
Top Bottom