• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Illegal Tap in Mexico Gasoline Pipeline Catches Fire, Kills 91

Probably true. And every man for himself.
I 'liked' this post but then 'unliked' it cause people were burned alive. That has to be one of the worst ways to die and I was in the Navy when both the USS Stark was hit by the Iraqi missiles and when the Iowa had the turret explosion, so that's something that makes me uncomfortable.

No offense taken and certainly none intended.

I was once in a warhead bunker where a garbage can ignited (solvent rag thrown in a regular trash can, not a covered can). I and one other officer had to try to convince some of the soldiers that they weren't going to be able to outrun the explosion if one occurred. We put the fire out, I was okay, but the other guy had smoke inhalation.

Burning alive has to be one way I don't want to go, and I would never wish such a death on anyone.

I'm sure the distress caused lack of thought, my comment was intended to highlight the fact that I didn't see a lot of help going on. If you read the liveleak article it points out that the military was there before hand. Too bad they didn't get a firetruck or ambulance ready.

Again, no heartlessness intended.

I been poor before. But I've been lucky enough to not be so poor that I'd think it was a good idea to go collect some airborne gasoline from a pipeline geyser. Damn. Most people have no idea how bad unfiltered gasoline is for your engine.

This is without a doubt horrible. Having said that I have been looking for videos of the area before the accident. I have seen several now. There are hundreds of people, yes hundreds, of people STEALING gasoline. So how many people in total stole gasoline? Thousands? There are people mourning their loved one and holding up pictures of a now deceased gasoline thief.
I am amazed at the lawlessness of this act and the amount of people involved. But should I be really? All I got to remember is the Family Dollar stores over here after a disaster. There is a very thin line between civility and caveman. Go to 19 seconds to see before fireball.

Go to 47 seconds

This one is incredible. Have you ever wondered what a fuel injector looks like. Well take a look. I can not believe this is gasoline. The people are acting like they have found the Fountain of Youth. Take your time here. No worries.

No offense taken and certainly none intended.

I was once in a warhead bunker where a garbage can ignited (solvent rag thrown in a regular trash can, not a covered can). I and one other officer had to try to convince some of the soldiers that they weren't going to be able to outrun the explosion if one occurred. We put the fire out, I was okay, but the other guy had smoke inhalation.

Burning alive has to be one way I don't want to go, and I would never wish such a death on anyone.

I'm sure the distress caused lack of thought, my comment was intended to highlight the fact that I didn't see a lot of help going on. If you read the liveleak article it points out that the military was there before hand. Too bad they didn't get a firetruck or ambulance ready.

Again, no heartlessness intended.

I didn't think that you were making light of their deaths and agree - although I was a radar technician I was also the number 1 hose man on one of the fire fighting teams...I knew there was nowhere to go if the fire wasn't contained. It was a sobering thought. I went through A school with FC3 Adams who died on the Iowa.

That said, yes I agree with others that believe those people should have made a better life choice.

Back
Top Bottom