• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

illegal to do a trade at an FFL?

CBH13

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
164   0
Reaction score
Was just wondering this. I went to do a trade at one of my normal meet up locations which is a local FFL and while there had an employee come out and inform us we needed to move because it was illegal to trade on their property. They were very polite and encouraged us to trade all we wanted just said we would have to move one parking lot down. Was just wondering if this is actually illegal or if maybe the employee was just uninformed?

This comes up periodically. Waiting for definite answers, but it always seems to peter out when the question of whether the parking lot counts... and what if the shopping center owns the lot, and not the FFL? (I'm thinking Bass Pro...)

Was just wondering this. I went to do a trade at one of my normal meet up locations which is a local FFL and while there had an employee come out and inform us we needed to move because it was illegal to trade on their property. They were very polite and encouraged us to trade all we wanted just said we would have to move one parking lot down. Was just wondering if this is actually illegal or if maybe the employee was just uninformed?
I don't know about 'illegal' but it is considered poor form when other parking lots are nearby. It may be that any transactions involving working firearms at that location must be logged in their books. That might be an ATFE rule.

Just did a trade in Cherokee gun and pawn parking lot a couple weeks ago. I even told them I had to go out and make a trade and would be back in to buy a gun. They had no issue with it so I'm curious to hear the answer to this as well

Just did a trade in Cherokee gun and pawn parking lot a couple weeks ago. I even told them I had to go out and make a trade and would be back in to buy a gun. They had no issue with it so I'm curious to hear the answer to this as well
And there may be your answer. If it was in any way illegal I'd have to believe a high volume seller like CG&P would ask you not to do it.

that why i was so confused by it. I do the majority of my trades at FFL's and have told plenty of them that i was out there trading and none have ever had a problem with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom