• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

illegal to do a trade at an FFL?

I believe the FFL application states the exact location and area of the "store" it does not include parking area as the "store" must be a actual building and not a PO or empty lot.
ATF inspects and approves the location before FFL is issued. Even a business building must be approved when they move.
Most don't have an issue with transactions, but if they do I will always respect their wishes.

The only places I have not done a transaction are prohibited, like federal property or schools. I've traded at restaurants, gas stations, Walmart, grocery stores, tackle shops, police stations and FFL parking lots. Never once was I bothered.

I'm good friends with the owner of one of the largest pawn shops in the area. I've been there shooting the breeze, window shopping, and someone comes in, owner says "I'll give you $50" and I'm thinking I'd pay $100 any day of the week.

I joked one time that I should step up and make an offer, and he said (not joking) it would be the last time. Made me think. I sure wouldn't appreciate someone standing outside the door of my business hustling potential customers.

In the "all about me" generation, respect for others seem to not be a widely held value.

Must not be too good of a friend to make a threat like that when you are joking.

That's just not how you conduct business.

I have a friend that owned a gun store and I waited until he had told the potential seller that he would be better off to sell it to an individual.
I asked the owner if he minded if I bought the gun. He said as long as I did it outside, it would be fine by him. The potential sell and I went outside and made a deal.

There is no way in hell that I would be a guest in a man's business and inter fear with his haggling.

Your "good friends" could put you out of business.

I don't disagree with what you are saying. I wouldn't have bought it out from under him either, but he said it jokingly and the "friend" (store owner) basically threatened him for a joke. A "friend" wouldn't threaten you like that.

I don't disagree with what you are saying. I wouldn't have bought it out from under him either, but he said it jokingly and the "friend" (store owner) basically threatened him for a joke. A "friend" wouldn't threaten you like that.

I told a "friend" that had previously used some tools from the back of my truck and left them laying in the grass, that when he got a shovel out of my truck, "if I found that shovel anywhere besides in his hands or on my truck that I would pick it up and hit him in the back of the head with it".
Needless to say, he decided to leave the shovel on my truck. I guess he really didn't want to take the chance of me hitting him in the head, because he knew there was a real good chance of him leaving the shovel laying around.:wacko:

Sometimes you have to skip the BS if you really want to be taken seriously.:shocked:

Yes, I know. I can be an asshole sometimes, but I have to work at it.:becky:

Unless you have been in the pawnbrokers shoes you have no idea what that "joke" meant. My true friends would never joke like that. Being a pawnbroker means you have lots and lots of "friends" that want to be your friend simply to stick it in you. I know first hand.

All of my true friends joke all the time. It is what we do. We love to bust each others chops and no one never gets offended. It is expected. We do not wear chips on our shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom