• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm a believer now

Remember when the "XD" was a HS2000 and "they all sucked", no one knew who they were so they bashed the heck out of them. Springfield adds $150.00 to them and starts importing the same pistol with different name and BAM, "one of the best pistols made"

The Canik looks a lot like the Steyr M9A1 to me. The Steyr is a great pistol too, they just shot themselves in the foot when they dumped a blue million of the pistols on the market through CDNN.

Looks like I'm going to have to get an new pistol and check it out.

I have been shooting guns of all sorts since I was 11 years old. I have been shooting pistols as an LEO since 1989. I have countless thousands of rounds down range as both student and instructor. I currently own over 12 different models of Glocks alone. I traded into a Canik TP9SF on a whim. I have not in all my years shot a gun with a better trigger or reset, anywhere anytime or anyplace. I am amazed at how well this gun shoots. I am all in, to the point that I am liquidating other guns to purchase both an Elite and a TP9SFX. If I were still working the streets or running an agency I would be getting the TP9 out to the troops post haste.

I have been shooting guns of all sorts since I was 11 years old. I have been shooting pistols as an LEO since 1989. I have countless thousands of rounds down range as both student and instructor. I currently own over 12 different models of Glocks alone. I traded into a Canik TP9SF on a whim. I have not in all my years shot a gun with a better trigger or reset, anywhere anytime or anyplace. I am amazed at how well this gun shoots. I am all in, to the point that I am liquidating other guns to purchase both an Elite and a TP9SFX. If I were still working the streets or running an agency I would be getting the TP9 out to the troops post haste.
That is saying a lot for the little inexpensive firearm.

There is a guy selling a TP9SF on the ODT somewhere if you are still looking for one but, he wants a bit much for it in my opinion seeing that I only paid $350 for my TP9SF Elite.

They do seem to be a pretty good pistol ,but if I had the cash to buy one right now ,I'd probably get another used Glock ,install a minus connector and hit the range :)

The one thing about the Canik being fairly new is ,what about the warranty\repair ?

They do seem to be a pretty good pistol ,but if I had the cash to buy one right now ,I'd probably get another used Glock ,install a minus connector and hit the range :)

The one thing about the CANiK being fairly new is ,what about the warranty\repair ?
From what I understand, Lifetime Warranty by CANiK USA and the barrel life on the TP9SF Elite is supposed to be good for at least 60,000 rounds.

I always say the proof is in the pudding. So, only time will tell. For right now, they work fine for me is all I was stating in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom